Man City vs Real Madrid | Post Match Thread

Pre season friendly , not nice to lose 4-1 , but the bigger picture is a lot of our youngsters have had some valuable lessons on the tour , Humphreys playing against the likes of benzema and show pony , will give him a great insight into playing against world class players. Perhaps we should ignore the no doubt over zealous media frenzy about our 4-1 "thrashing", we fielded a patched up team gave youngsters some important game time in the 2nd half , i will judge our team and management after the 1st dozen premier games , not a pointless pre season friendly. Must admit i did enjoy the fact that the aussie dippers supporters club took time to buy tickets for the Real Madrid game , just to boo Raheem Sterling , how sad is that ??

Think Raheem is going to prove an excellent buy and already seems to be linking up well with Merlin. Didn't realise he was that nimble in the box. If the refs do their jobs properly, we should get numerous spot kicks due to his ability to wrong foot people.

We all know that they won't as evidenced by the fact he couldn't even get a pen for an absolute blatant foul v Roma.

Following City since Mercer and Malcolm. Understand the pre season friendly, the need to see a wide body of players etc. but why does the opposition RM in this case, see the need, and have the availability to put a full strength team out, when their season commences two weeks after ours?

Kompany gone home who's wife is giving birth, Demi,Sergio,Zabba,dino where at the copa america and have been given an extended holiday,Bony not fit so we could not puta full strength side out i thought this was obvious?

Wonderful day yesterday except for getting up at 430 this morning to head back to Sydney. Was amazing to catch up with so many City
Lads and reminisce about when w used to be great back in the 80's and 90's. Some very funny tales shared in the pub all afternoon.

One thing that does strike me is we really need to make up our mind on these pre season tours, if we really want to pull in fans and really match the big boys in terms of building our global revenue and support , we can't be playing anything other than our best teams in these games.

That said for me football and the season comes first so it is catch 22. Real for example played nigh on a first team full strength team and it showed and they will benefit from it.

The real worry is not losing to Real with kids playing , it is that yet again we are going into the season with players like sergio, the argies not even with the squad and the fact that bony who really needs time with the squad wasn't there is not great either. We badly need to get everyone together and get ready for a start with two wins as we cannot afford a slow start especially with Chelsea up first at home

We are crying out for a left back and a centre half..why are we not in the market for the Everton lad.this will be our undoing this season if we don't sign two defenders.Mark my words.

It was a tad shit. I was the only city fan in my area. Surrounded by rag, liverpool and Madrid fans who, if given the opportunity, would rim Ronaldo for days. They were more concerned with booing Sterling than anything else.

Kompany gone home who's wife is giving birth, Demi,Sergio,Zabba,dino where at the copa america and have been given an extended holiday,Bony not fit so we could not puta full strength side out i thought this was obvious?
RM don't seem to have these problems, with two weeks more than us to be ready for the season opener.

People are over-reacting way too much about the defence, LB, fair enough, does need improvement but the system Pellegrino employed last season was sheer carnage for any defender. Kompany IS a world class defender, over the hill, past it, Injury prone, say what you want, give him the protection Terry gets and you're laughing. Mangala ain't no chump either, shown signs of dominance and can only improve. Demichelis is a good steady head, albeit almost done but Denayer can now step up into the 3rd spot and slowly integrate into the side. Sign a quality LB and I'm happy with Zab,Kompany, Mangala and said LB, with a better structured midfield in front.

I only saw the second half live but watched it tonight. How the fuck was that not a penalty at 0-0 for the assault on Yaya? Dear God the most obvious penalty I have seen in years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.