Man City vs Real Madrid | Post Match Thread

The form of delph, Fernandinho, clichy and kolarov will shape our season.
Missing the days of Mancini when we were as tight as a camel's asshole in a sand storm. pre season so say la vie.
Wondering why nacho didn't get a run out along w some of the other youngsters.

Missing the days of Mancini when we were as tight as a camel's asshole in a sand storm. pre season so say la vie.
This is one thing Mancini excelled in defence .
Can't say the same about Pellergrini .
Still hasn't addressed our major weakness down the left .

hart, Sagna, Denayer, Humphreys, Kolarov, Toure, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Silva, Sterling

Real Madrid
Navas,Marcelo, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo Benzema

Give me *ucking hope. This "IS" Real Madrid's starting eleven. No, Demi, Zabs, Vinnie, Managala, Dinho, or Sergio.
How many of their side were in the team that won the Champions League the season before last? I seem to remember most being present. You know, the same team that hammered Bayern Munich home and away.
A bit of perspective is called for here.

I've not seen the game yet but looking at a midfield of Fernando ,nasri ,silva ,toure and kolarov at left back, it was tough on the two young centre halves being left exposed by our old failings. Was Delph any good in the little time he had?
Had as you say very little to do, but ran around with high energy, decent on the ball and didnt look out of depth at all.

Anyone else that were really impressed with fernando. Finally saw why he's called the octopus

That's a strangely specific metaphor. How long did the sand storm last?

Think Raheem is going to prove an excellent buy and already seems to be linking up well with Merlin. Didn't realise he was that nimble in the box. If the refs do their jobs properly, we should get numerous spot kicks due to his ability to wrong foot people. Good times ahead.

Todays game is nothing to get too upset about, Once we saw the team sheets, there was only really one outcome

Don't really like the idea of Iheanacho being wasted on the left. I know that Vieira did this few times, but I could accept it as it can be stated that its for 'educational purposes', or whatever, but why doing it in preseason with the first team? It's clear as day that he's half the player compared to a No. 10 / supporting striker role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.