Man City vs Real Madrid | Post Match Thread

Pre-Season 'Friendly'. Madrid played their full first team, with the possible exception of James Rodríguez.

Our starting line up was missing the following players: Zabaleta, Kompany, Clichy, Mangala, Demichelis, Fernandinho, Bony, Agüero . . . .

STOP PANICKING!

Can I say that we have some incredible idiots supporting us now. We are talking a full strength Real Madrid side only minus James against a City side minus Zabba, Demi, Kompany, Ferna, Mangala, Sergio, Bony and even Delphi as he only played for quarter of an hour. Reverse that and the same would happen. How you can moan is utterly beyond me to be honest!

don't care about the result. It's been a pretty poor pre-season preparation wise in my view, though more about timing of things than anything. No Aguero, Zaba, MDM, Fernandinho, out of City's control, that's fine.
Delph getting injured, uncontrollable.
Bony not training with the squad, uncontrollable.
Couple training days wasted with 24 hours travel each way + coinciding jet lag.

Very excited about Sterling and most likely KDB, but they don't address the same weaknesses we've had, in central midfield and at left back. Will we really start the season with Yaya and Fernando as a midfield two and no recognized senior strikers?

Every season without fail some people equate pre-season friendlies with the rest of the season, and every season people tell them the same thing, FFS performance and results are not that important stop stressing over it, it's a complete non entity in terms of future performances
Largely right, but I don't think this fixture did us much good, and I'd be far happier if City were spending their time focussing on football preparation instead of marketing the club every available second.

Can I say that we have some incredible idiots supporting us now. We are talking a full strength Real Madrid side only minus James against a City side minus Zabba, Demi, Kompany, Ferna, Mangala, Sergio, Bony and even Delphi as he only played for quarter of an hour. Reverse that and the same would happen. How you can moan is utterly beyond me to be honest!
Just what I posted, mate!

Any side with Kolorov, Sagna, Fernando and two kids in it, isn't going to end well, especially against Real Madrid.

Problem we have is we are too easy to score against, whoever plays.

Lets hope Zab, Aguero, Demichellis and Fernandinho are fit for the start of the season!
Fernando did OK. He was one of the better players. It doesn't matter what he does

I'm not sure what most of you expected from mostly our second choice side against Real Madrid's first eleven.

We were without Kompany, Zabaleta, Mangala, Fernandinho, Delph (0-0 when he came off), Aguero and Bony. Possibly Pogba and De Bruyne coming in aswell, that's nearly a whole new team.

I'll try and take the positives from the game. I thought up until Delph got injured, we were playing well. I liked the shape, 4-3-3, with a nicely balance centre midfield. Fernando protecting the back four, Delph's energy and pressing with Yaya's passing and drive from midfield. There were some real good signs and I look forward to seeing that midfield trio again.

Sterling was so dangerous, looked a threat every time he got on the ball. Probably our best player today. Silva was good as always, some great link-up play. Yaya didn't look 100%, but it's still pre-season, no big deal.

Denayer got a little bit of a reality check and was shown just how hard it's going to be to make it here. I still think Denayer will become a top CB for us, and will play quite a lot of games this season, but it shows the importance of easing young players in, rather than throwing them in like some on here seem to want. Left back was a bit of a disaster really. Kolarov had a shocker in the first half IMO and Clichy wasn't much better for the fourth goal. It stressed the importance of us getting a top LB in this summer, I think it'll make a big difference in the Champion's League.

Dzeko coming on and showing absolutely no interest wasn't good to watch. It looks like he's gone, which asks the question; why did he come on? Would it not have been better to give Iheanacho a chance down the middle? Dzeko's attitude and workrate was pretty shocking and I can't see how anybody would think that's acceptable.

I don't think we performed badly given the circumstances, it wasn't really a 4-1 game. There was definitely positives to take from the game and also it showed us areas where we need to improve.

In the same way I would have ignored us winning 4-1, I'm going to ignore us losing 4-1 in a pre season friendly.

Meaningless other than getting players fit.

You can see why Madrid are so big and successful, they even take pre season games seriously and want to win everything, hope this doesn't dent the two young lads confidence and hope the Delph injury is not serious. We do need a new left back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.