Man City vs Real Madrid | Post Match Thread

I know the circumstances weren't the best but how was Patrick Roberts cameo?

Do we have a defensive coach ?

Yes. But you can practice all you like. But if Kolarov is going to keep dropping inexperienced defenders in shit,
there is not a lot you can do. Especially when facing a team as good as Real Madrid.
Saying that, i'm not too bothered about the result. As most say, it's about fitness and game time.

I really don't get why we decide to go ahead with these big prestige friendlies when we have half our team missing. What exactly are we to gain from getting dicked 4-1 in front of 90k people? Surely it would be more beneficial to just play a bunch of low key friendlies against nothing teams where we can get the team match fit and have a few moral boosting wins along the way. Save the big fancy friendlies for when we can field a team who can stand a chance.

I really don't get why we decide to go ahead with these big prestige friendlies when we have half our team missing. What exactly are we to gain from getting dicked 4-1 in front of 90k people? Surely it would be more beneficial to just play a bunch of low key friendlies against nothing teams where we can get the team match fit and have a few moral boosting wins along the way. Save the big fancy friendlies for when we can field a team who can stand a chance.
Agree with this. As you said, nothing to gain from getting hammered in front of 100k.

Yes. But you can practice all you like. But if Kolarov is going to keep dropping inexperienced defenders in shit,
there is not a lot you can do.
Especially when facing a team as good as Real Madrid.
Saying that, i'm not too bothered about the result. As most say, it's about fitness and game time.

There is something that can be done. Stop picking him! Sell him and get in a better left back.

I was expecting to see some youth this pre season but I really didnt expect to see a 16 year old get 90 mins vs a full stregh madrid side. I wonder if there will be a real push this season to promote youth.

Humphreys really didnt look out of place though today which is quite staggering.

I know hes played every pre season game but Fernando surely has to leave, he is worse than Garcia.

but for some reasons those things are constantly being overlooked. Even if we get Pogba, our depth even then isn't that good in CM.
I disagree. How deep do you want us to be. If we get Pogba, we'd have 5 players for 2 spots - Yaya, Pogba, Delph, Dihno and Nando. I'd say that's awful deep. And that doesn't even count Zuchulini. Depth is not the issue. We just need stronger talent and Pogba will provide that if we got him. As is, we are deep enough.

Zuculini has looked ok again preseason,i certainly wouldn't have any hesitation in playing him ahead of Fernando.....not because i'm a Fernando hater but simply because Zuculini provides far more energy and mobility.

I just hope our loss against one of Europe's 'big boys' doesn't help deter any of our targets from joining us or confidence levels of the youngsters. Could care less what other club fans or sports media have to say on the matter.

Look how giddy madrid cunts were after beating us in a friendly. Surely we must be poking something very hard in thier butts.

And to think rags are irrelevant these days. How time changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.