man city's greatest

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Jack74 said:
wenger turned him into one, a proper striker that is, at least get the facts right

You're entitled to your opinion, a little insight into external factors helps an argument, ones like he was mentally weak for starters, he had 10/15 outstanding games in his entire city career, I also watched him home and away chief, with most away performances being abject, even suggesting his individual brilliance is superior to that of yaya or silva, to me, is damn right ludicrous, hey ho though, like i said, it's only my opinion!

Henry played right wing more often if he even played bet he didn't score more than 5 or 6 goals 4 them. ?

U mention 10 to 15 games he was outstanding in fair enough , but b fair look at the players he played with .

With regards individual brilliance am not having it that u get off your seat more whilst watching Silva and Yaya than u did when Gio got the ball all them years ago , memories sometime fade.

As u say though each to there own

I didn't really express my point correctly re:Henry, he was never a prolific striker and he did indeed play out wide, he also continued in that vain under wenger until he was moved inside and played off bergkamp

I also forgot to say maybe half off gios outstanding games were in the lower league.... I'd sooner of watched le tissier mate, far superior player

And yes, yaya and silva excite me more, I'd say for obvious reasons but we're as far apart on the subject as we can get!

Anyway, if we all thought same it would be very dull pal (:

Fair enough Zin enjoy your nite

It's hard to get past today's team,so much talent,skill, artistry,I love silva,yaya,Kun and Zabs,but being an old git growing up in the 60s I'll always have great memories of Colin bell,Francis Lee and mike summerbee,if I had to pick one player though probebly have to be Sergio aguerooooooooooooooooo

goater1978 said:
buzzer1 said:
It's funny really, Ali B was twice the player of kinkladze, has the medals and the respect of his peers to back it up, and I'm not talking about the greats like whitely, brown, lomas et al in kinkys corner, but players of the ilk of Henry, trezeguet, petit, thuram, Barthez in ali's, and that's just from his Monaco days...... I'm also not saying those peak years were replicated here, however, at there peaks there's only one winner, kinky, as noted, was a little ray of sunshine in darker days, but a great? Nope

Oh you... Yep yep and yep again lol.

You seem a bit obessed with Gio. Just let it go and accept that people disagree with you ;-)

Haha i got that in first the other day with you brother.. and zin knows if he doesn't agree with me i will kick his and his mates heads in. GIO = GOD, none better..i'm out.

buzzer1 said:
goater1978 said:
buzzer1 said:
Oh you... Yep yep and yep again lol.

You seem a bit obessed with Gio. Just let it go and accept that people disagree with you ;-)

Haha i got that in first the other day with you brother.. and zin knows if he doesn't agree with me i will kick his and his mates heads in. GIO = GOD, none better..i'm out.

(:

Jack74 said:
conormcfc said:
Jack74 said:
Silva as been class the last 4 or 5 games but was gash all season granted against Hull and yesterday he was head and shoulders above anyone ,but some of u need 2 have serious look at things , garbage at free kicks and corners ,can't beat a man and as scored 5 league goals ( I think ) this season in a team that as scored a sack fully , Gio scored 6 4 us with a team that went down , that was his fault 2 ,not Immel ( cross eyed goalkeeper )t Hiley ( free transfer from Exeter ) Frontzeck ( worst full back to play 4 City ) , Symonds ( awful ) , Clough ( shocking ) Buster Phillips ( the next 10 million player ) oh and Gerry Fat Creaney to name but a few , u Kingladze bashers make me laugh
Adam Johnson used to score more than Silva and could beat a man.

Makes you wonder how Johnson has ended up battling relegation like Gio did and how Silva is the one starring in trophy winning sides at both club and international level. Funny that.

Are u actually comparing Johnston to Kingladze ?

2 players with nothing more than a handful of decent performances at the top level. What's the problem?

Certainly less of a gap between Gio/Johnson than there is Gio/Silva. The former 2 were never consistent enough to sustain their places at top clubs and both of them have at one point found themselves on the bench at clubs fighting relegation. Because they don't/didn't contribute consistently.

Silva on the other hand, does.

conormcfc said:
Jack74 said:
conormcfc said:
Adam Johnson used to score more than Silva and could beat a man.

Makes you wonder how Johnson has ended up battling relegation like Gio did and how Silva is the one starring in trophy winning sides at both club and international level. Funny that.

2 players with nothing more than a handful of decent performances at the top level. What's the problem?

Certainly less of a gap between Gio/Johnson than there is Gio/Silva. The former 2 were never consistent enough to sustain their places at top clubs and both of them have at one point found themselves on the bench at clubs fighting relegation. Because they don't/didn't contribute consistently.

as much as I enjoyed watching gio play I have to agree with you.

uwe rosler 28 said:
conormcfc said:
Jack74 said:

Absolute drivel

Jack74 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
conormcfc said:

Absolute drivel

+1

According to the Chinese (you can't write off 1.4 billion people opinions)

Sun JiHai

According to most football cognoscenti (Africans too)

The one who contributes most to winning FA Cup & PL title.

Yaya<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:17 pm --<br /><br />According to me
Kun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.