Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Rodri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fernandinho

• Aguero

• Total voters
Kev on another level to just about every other player on the planet this season....except Jordan Henderson of course. What a privilege to watch him play. Ably supported by Dave and Gunders. Mendy looked sharp too and a nice little cameo from Fodes toward the end. Some really good football out there considering we were supposed to be ‘rusty’

Agree with all that.

KDB by a mile

What I loved and noticed most about him from the off, was his evident hunger. To get on the ball, to play the game, to make progress, etc etc
It’s not just about his ability, it’s the way he just looks like he relishes being on the pitch, so keen.
Probably not conveying it very well, but hunger is the best I can come up with.

What I loved and noticed most about him from the off, was his evident hunger. To get on the ball, to play the game, to make progress, etc etc
It’s not just about his ability, it’s the way he just looks like he relishes being on the pitch, so keen.
Probably not conveying it very well, but hunger is the best I can come up with.

I know what you mean--he drives us on, has a real will to win, and his the heartbeat of the team. I've wondered who he compares to in that sense but it's not easy to do - Vieira, Gerrard and Keane (without the nastiness) maybe, but they all had red mist moments whereas Kev seems to do it without that but make no mistake about it he's having as much an influence on this team as any of them had on theirs

I know what you mean--he drives us on, has a real will to win, and his the heartbeat of the team. I've wondered who he compares to in that sense but it's not easy to do - Vieira, Gerrard and Keane (without the nastiness) maybe, but they all had red mist moments whereas Kev seems to do it without that but make no mistake about it he's having as much an influence on this team as any of them had on theirs
Absolutely nailed on to be captain next season imo.

I didn’t think I’d be that arsed about the match, given the fan free circumstances, but some of our football was glorious. Just to watch Kev gliding downfield is sufficient to give me goosebumps, never mind what he actually does with the ball. I’ve always loved sportsmen in all fields who’ve had that swashbuckling elegance. Muhammad Ali, David Duckham, John McEnroe, Alex Higgins, Johann Cruyff. Touched by God. We’ve been truly spoilt to have had 2 such individuals on the books for years (Dave and Kev)
Interesting that you mention David Duckham.

When I was nine, my local club, Penryn, were drawn at home against Coventry in the quarterfinal of the Cup, and Duckham ran practically the whole length of the pitch to score a brilliant try.

The whole ground applauded him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.