Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Rodri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fernandinho

• Aguero

• Total voters
Interesting that you mention David Duckham.

When I was nine, my local club, Penryn, were drawn at home against Coventry in the quarterfinal of the Cup, and Duckham ran practically the whole length of the pitch to score a brilliant try.

The whole ground applauded him.

I’ve never seen a runner like him before or since. He had the most devastating side step and change of direction I’ve ever seen in a rugby player, but the difference between him and twinkle toes players like Phil Bennett or Jason Robinson, was that he did it whilst going full tilt. He was brilliant in that famous Barbarians game against the All Blacks with the Gareth Edwards try, and he’d be in my best ever England XV even now.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen a runner like him before or since. He had the most devastating side step and change of direction I’ve ever seen in a rugby player, but the difference between him and twinkle toes players like Phil Bennett or Jason Robinson, was that he do it whilst going full tilt. He was brilliant in that famous Barbarians game against the All Blacks with the Gareth Edwards try, and he’d be in my best ever England XV even now.
Unfortunately for him, he was the only great player in that England team, whereas the Wales and France teams of the time were full of them.

I know what you mean--he drives us on, has a real will to win, and his the heartbeat of the team. I've wondered who he compares to in that sense but it's not easy to do - Vieira, Gerrard and Keane (without the nastiness) maybe, but they all had red mist moments whereas Kev seems to do it without that but make no mistake about it he's having as much an influence on this team as any of them had on theirs
Colin Bell?

Kevin, for his quality, leadership, and general influence, offensively as well as defensively; inspiring the team in our attacking game while, at a certain moment, was covering the CB position, just because the team needed him there. The man leads by example, as his manager says...

It was a collective effort, with everybody contributing. Gaby often reminds me of Tostao, with his work-rate and sacrifice for the team (even though his current form is miles away from his true ability). Ryiad entered 2nd half determined to leave a rather disappointing 1st half behind him -and won us the penalty. Eric junior seemed calm and confident, Phil and Sergio motivated to make an impact as subs, and so on, and so on.

Finally: Encouraging performances delivered by Raheem (judging by his standards this season), and Kyle (the biggest enemy of whom is himself: the reasons behind his insecurity occasionally, leading to lack of composure and ridiculous mistakes, are totally beyond me). I hope they both keep up the good work, their presence is expected to be crucial in the following months.

Raheem upfront, Kevin in midfield (MOM), and Kyle in defence (with Eddie as GK, of course), shaped the backbone of the team, Wednesday night. Leading to a convincing victory with a good overall performance, given the circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.