Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Gundogan

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Foden

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Jesus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fern for me, KDB was the next best. Stones after a wretched start improved to get third spot. Mendy was absolutely gash going forward till later on in the game - I don't think I've seen so many poor passes from a City player for yonks.

A game in which Fernandihno actually deserved his MOTM performance.

Unlike the previous times when he got it from just showing up.

Fern had a good game, won a lot of duels. Still don’t like to see him there but he’s doing a great job filling in. Kev was inspiring going forward but gave the ball away too many times. Overall not many candidates but we got a very difficult game out of the way with a win. On the down side when did we last have a proper left back? Pearce, Power..... ? And What did we ever see in Mendy?

We mentioned this among the FOCs in 323. Left back world class? There might be one in the entire universe. It must be the most troublesome position on the field to fill. Both the full backs, all our full backs, are expected with Pep to be wingers too, and any oppo team that has a bit of pace can lay bare the defensive qualities of an attacking full back - Delph, Zinky, Bendy. Laporte was wasted over there for the odd game he was drafted in. Pity David Silva is retiring.

Mahrez for me. If he would just take on his players on more like he did at Leicester he would be world class. But he dropped back, defended, he pressed
Did you watch the game. Didn’t defend properly once. Watch the Chelsea goal

Not a performance which produced many candidates for MotM but, for me, Fernandinho was exceptional in a back four where both fullbacks were poor and Stones, though solid enough, often needed too many touches and was rushed at times, especially in the first half. Fernandinho had his work cut out yesterday but coped superbly.

Fernandinho for me also. His reading of the game saved us few times, and he tried to make something happen by driving forward too.

A couple of times Chelsea were napping by letting him run unopposed into their half, before they realised he's actually a midfielder with an eye for a pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.