Man of the Match - Liverpool (a) 07/10/2018

Man of the Match - Liverpool (a) 07/10/2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sterling was lost again at Anfield.. why no Sane?
He did the cagey side of what Pep wanted well but there were a few opportunities where he had the space to take on, or had the space to run into for a pass, behind Gomez and he didn’t take those opportunities.

It was a must not lose game but I thought he had a bit too much of that in his head where we had opportunities to take to win the game.

Mahrez gave the ball away more so that was a downside but I thought he was braver in taking more chances to be positive than Sterling was on Sunday. He did make those runs in behind, he did try and take them on. Such a shame he missed that penalty.

Good, but 33 of us thought he was the best player.

I've explained much higher up why I thought so, he protected the 2 CB's perfectly, allowing them to play very well without pressure, and he also kept BS supplied with the ball, and protected him at the same time, allowing him to be very good also. On top of that he was constantly available for Ederson to pass too.

His job is a "dirty" one, so fouls are part of it, he managed it very well, even avoiding a booking (rather luckily I'll admit), but he also makes some very important passes for the team, these often go unnoticed.

I said earlier in the thread that his performance was vastly under rated on here, and it seems you are one of the many who under rates what he does for the team.

Hmm you say 33 people agreed with you that he was the best player but there was well over 300 users that seem to have agreed with me that he wasn't so i dont know why that was mentioned. Also I only said he was nowhere near man of the match Vs Liverpool and from that you have somehow decided that I am somebody who under rates what he does for the team? Fernandinho is a fantastic player for us & I know exactly what he brings to the team, he just wasn't man of the match Vs Liverpool in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.