Man U Ref watch - how many points will they gain?

cookster said:
So in summary Arsenal today;

- Cleverley should have been off
- RVP should have been given straight red
- Manure score 2nd from a corner when RVP was offside

Have I missed anything?

Wilshere sent off but Cleverley wasn't

Surprise surprise - Cleverley allowed the benefit of the doubt despite clattering an Arsenal player from behind, subsequently taken off by Ferguson yet Wilshere walks, fucking cheating bastards yet again.

RyanP3609 said:
cookster said:

Have I missed anything?

Wiltshire sent off (correctly) when Cleverley did the exact same thing and was spared with a final warning, something Wiltshire wasn't given. It's bent as fuck.

Oh and also a penalty that Utd were given despite the fact that he was protecting his face. That RVP "tackle" was shocking.
Wilshire got his warning at the start of the second half with his tackle in his own half on someone.
There's no such thing as "protecting your face" in the laws of the game to stop it being hand ball.
van Persie's was just a booking.

I do think Celverly's second tackle was worthy of a booking and not just a talking to, he should have been sent off.

We're starting to get carried away with regards to United and ignoring the actual laws of the game to suit our argument against them.

danburge82 said:
RyanP3609 said:
cookster said:

Have I missed anything?

Wiltshire sent off (correctly) when Cleverley did the exact same thing and was spared with a final warning, something Wiltshire wasn't given. It's bent as fuck.

Oh and also a penalty that Utd were given despite the fact that he was protecting his face. That RVP "tackle" was shocking.
Wilshire got his warning at the start of the second half with his tackle in his own half on someone.
There's no such thing as "protecting your face" in the laws of the game to stop it being hand ball.

I do think Celverly's second tackle was worthy of a booking and not just a talking to, he should have been sent off.

We're starting to get carried away with regards to United and ignoring the actual laws of the game to suit our argument against them.

RVP was a scissor tackle - red card for any other team.

Danburge82 - do you not agree that the failure to send off Cleverley has yet again had a dramatic impact on the result? There would have been half an hour left with Arsenal playing 11 vs 10, its a huge potentially game changing decision. How many times does it need to happen before you open your mind, its getting laughable.

cookster said:
danburge82 said:
RyanP3609 said:

RVP was a scissor tackle - red card for any other team.
It wasn't. It was just a lunge and he took his legs from under him. That would be an extremely soft red card, those tackles are just bookings. If a City lad is ever sent off for that I'd be up in arms.

danburge82 said:
RyanP3609 said:
cookster said:

Have I missed anything?

I didn't see Wilshere get his warning so fair play he deserved to go if he was warned.

It's a natural instinct to put your arms up when you jump, if he hadn't put his hands up to protect his face (as his hands weren't above his head they were in front of his face) then they'd have been by his side, and if they'd have hit his arms then it would have been a penalty, so he's damned whichever he does.

That Van Persie tackle from an Arsenal player would have had the entire Utd team flocking round Dean to get him off and he'd have probably obliged.

Carrick's had three or four tackle's now and hasn't been booked. He was warned for his first and now just keeps getting ignored. They probably weren't yellow cards on their own, but an accumulation of fouls should result in a yellow, especially considering Dean's booking people for first fouls.

It's no coincidence as someone said before in Utd's big matches this season they've not finished a game playing 11 men. With the ref's in this form I'm not looking forward to a derby as I highly doubt we'll finish the game with 11 on the pitch.

fatbloke said:
Danburge82 - do you not agree that the failure to send off Cleverley has yet again had a dramatic impact on the result? There would have been half an hour left with Arsenal playing 11 vs 10, its a huge potentially game changing decision. How many times does it need to happen before you open your mind, its getting laughable.
Well I do think he should have been sent off so I'm not sure what you're aiming at. I do agree the game would have been different, of course it would, because as I've said he should have been set off. But that is the only thin the ref has got wrong all game pretty much (the offside before the corner was the linesman's fault).

I'd willingly put any amount of money on a bet that no other top flight team has had as many opposition players sent off in any other 12 month period as the rags have had since the 6-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.