Man U Ref watch - how many points will they gain?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
stony said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
If there is an organised campaign to stop City winning the Premiership,can anyone explain what went wrong last season?
If it's all about money,which institutionalised corruption usually is,then couldn't we just buy all these refs instead,given that manure haven't got a pot to piss in,and we are the richest club on the planet?
Or are the top referees throwing games for fun?
Can one of our resident paranoid folk please explain this conundrum for me?

I don't believe there's any sort of campaign to stop City winning, but I do believe that the rags get favourable refereeing decisions too often for it to be coincidence. I'm not saying that the refs are bent but I do think they are scared of bacon face and they know that if he doesn't like them, they won't ref rag games again. With the rags being the biggest club in the country, refereeing their games is the pinnacle of a refs career. It's in their own self interests to favour the rags, as Howard Webb, Englands top ref has shown. 18% of his career penalties have been awarded to the rags. That in itself is a damning statistic.

Do you think that only certain referees are scared of incurring the wrath of the pisscan,or are some capable of objectivity?
Yes,they do get some dodgy decisions on occasion,but they were denied a cast-iron penalty on Saturday.
You can argue that the most successful club over the last 20 years will always get more penalties anyway,because they attack more,therefore spend more time in the opposition penalty area than anyone else.Referees make mistakes - sometimes they go in your favour,sometimes they don't.
If you ask fans of other clubs,they probably reckon their team get a poor deal too.
Wigan have consistantly been on the receiving end of some of the worst refereeing decisions I have ever seen over the last couple of years.
I just don't see what would be gained by referees making intentionally incorrect decisions just to get awarded the 'big' games,because I assume their match fee is the same whatever fixture they are in charge of,and it makes them look daft when they are shown on the telly to be wrong.
To suggest a general bias towards the rags without an ultimate aim,(such as them winning the title),just doesn't add up.

Another point that's been brought up many a time:

02/03 to 11/12
(No. Penalties - awarded vs given - in the Premiership)

Man Utd: 60/26
Chelsea: 56/29
Arsenal: 58/42
Liverpool: 55/38
Man City: 48/40

Looking at those stats, it's understandable that the (old Sky 4), who generally bossed the majoirty of game, would earn more penalties.

Since the takeover.....

Man Utd 32/14
Man City 30/18

So, the number of penalties awarded to each club in the league is quite similar since City's rise up the Premiership.

Also, in the 15 seasons City have spent in the Premier League, they have averaged 3.5 red cards per season in comparison to United's 2.5. That's only 1 Red Card per season.

Liverpool & Aston Villa are the two clubs who have spent the same length of time in the Premiership as Man Utd and accrued more red cards over that period.

Now I know stats aren't the be all and end all before you start piping up, but there's nothing alarming in there to suggest United get unbelievable favouritism in the League.

sjk2008 said:
Now I know stats aren't the be all and end all before you start piping up, but there's nothing alarming in there to suggest United get unbelievable favouritism in the League.

It's not that stats are or are not the be all and end all, it's that absolute stats about penalties awarded, conceded, red cards etc are completely useless. Cards for fouls, penalties, the most important thing about these decisions is the timing of them during a game. If you get 20 penalties awarded to you when you're 3-0 down in the 90th minute, they don't carry the same weight as 20 penalties awarded in the first 10 minutes when the score is 0-0. And we've all seen teams accumulate soft yellows at the end of games in order to 'even it up a bit'. The stat itself is meaningless without context. As has been mentioning, good attacking teams through sheer law of averages will be awarded more penalties, as they're more likely to have the ball in the oppositions box in order to win them. The stats don't show favouritism or lack of favouritism in any way, IMO, they just show how many each team has been awarded and how many awarded against them, nothing more.

Fergiscum and Utd are apart of this institution, the referees are institutionalised and will favour United, not because they are Rags, not that they want City to lose and so on... It's because if they piss off WhiskeyNose he will come down on them, and maybe attempt to sabotage their top flight career.

I don't for a second think when the Referee blows his whistle for a Rag penalty he's thinking: Come on United, Let's get 3pts"...Like a fan would think.

He's thinking: Shit, I better blow for this decision in Uniteds favour, as Fergi might complain about me afterwards, maybe even speak with his club's CEO (who also is high up on the board at The FA)
And before you know it I'm refereeing in the Championship on a cold friday night.

Referee selection plays a big part in betting patterns as well.. I know of guys who won't even glance at the team selection much, but will focus on who the Referee is for the match - then analyse the ref's history, then place their bet.

The other side is the media biasness, as explained above - why expose this and damage the %100 clean product that keeps them in jobs, keeps people buying the papers and subscribing to Sky.

United are apart of the elite establishment in the English game, and speaking firstly as a Football fan - it's fucking disgusting.

Managers/Players should have the right to critisise Referee's, but to then sabotage a referee beause of a decision is outright Bullying and makes mockery of all this anti-bullying campaign bollocks that The FA have done over the years.

Fergiscum is a Bully, and it's well known in Football.

I guarantee you this

After Fergie-scum's pathetic outburst on Saturday moaning that they should have played till f@cking midnight. The next time the rags go into stoppage time losing by the odd goal, there will be a very generous amount of time added on

The point is you don't need to see stats to say that the referees are biased , you just watch their matches and see that they get penalty for dives , get away with dangerous tackles and awarded freekicks at the simplest of tackles while their opposition is carded every other time they faul

You just need to watch their matches and you will feel the same , you don't need stats of any kind

Anybody who doesn't think that the big name teams get the better deal from refs is barking mad. That's the way it is in all sports.

The All Blacks have a captain, McCaw, who lives offside. He's made a career out of it.

A Kilkenny hurler would have to shoot his opponent in the face with a bazooka before a ref would send him off.

Wayne Rooney is an obnoxious little oaf. In the past two season's alone, he's elbowed McCarthy of Wigan and kicked Newcastle's Coloccinni on the ground (twice!) - and not a damn thing has been done about either incident.

This is the way it is. It's relative too though. Just as we'll probably never get a 50/50 decision at Anfield or The Emirates in my lifetime, neither will Norwich or QPR get too much of the rub of the green at The Etihad.

Agenda thread full of unagendarists. Fuck me, and they thought i was paranoid!

Why do you try so hard boys, it's not your bag remember?

Anti-agenda, I think they are just so scared of being turned. Didn't Newcastle get a penalty once?

The Future's Blue said:
Agenda thread full of unagendarists. Fuck me, and they thought i was paranoid!

Why do you try so hard boys, it's not your bag remember?

Anti-agenda, I think they are just so scared of being turned. Didn't Newcastle get a penalty once?

I just thought it might be worth a try attempting to persuade the deluded and paranoid that the voices are only in their heads.
Clearly you are all too far gone to help,and even resent us for bringing common sense to the party.
I shall leave you to your bonkers deliberations and insane conclusions,and return only when I need cheering up with a good laugh at the mad people.

Haddenham said:
I guarantee you this

After Fergie-scum's pathetic outburst on Saturday moaning that they should have played till f@cking midnight. The next time the rags go into stoppage time losing by the odd goal, there will be a very generous amount of time added on
And that then odd-gal could turn into a 2 goal loss, or indeed it could turn into a draw. Who knows? Unless i've missed something in the rules it doesn't say 'X minutes added time and United are allowed 2 keepers and the opposition have concrete poured in their boots', it merely says 'X amount of added time', where believe it or not both teams could score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.