Man United (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously not , but we have been underdogs many times in derby games and beat some very good Yoonited teams , because they were complacent.

We’ve embarrassed them over the years, had a good run of winning at old Trafford and generally out playing them every time we played them. But they do have some dangerous players and it is a Derby, anything can happen. A few losses against United isn’t that unlikely, even though we have the better players and manager. Like you said, we used to beat them with the likes of Benjani and Vassel banging them in while they had Ronaldo and Tevez up front.

You would hope so. But he learned the sum total of zero from playing Mourinho’s Tottenham last season so who knows
Yup it concerns me also, but we are far better than them, I know we aren’t far apart points wise but that will change and our defence has improved allot.

We know full well what they are going to do we’ve had the same game against them 3 times.

Got the feeling Cancelo will start instead of Walker.

___________Ederson____________

Cancelo___Stones___Dias__Mendy

_______Rodri__Gundogan________

Mahrez_______Kdb_______Sterling

____________Jesus_____________
Urgh, hope not but suspect that team will be very close to correct. They will counter attack us to death so Walker is essential and Foden instead of Gundogan to get some legs into the press to try to stop the counter attacks before they begin. Cancelo or Ake at left back instead of Mendy. Personally I'd also rather Torres or Bernardo instead of Mahrez but I guess at least Mahrez has hit a bit of form so there is some justification for playing him. If he picks the right team that can press and generally play at a high tempo I think we comfortably beat them, as it is I am not looking forward to it at all.

Honestly can't call this. Leipzig should have hammered then but it ended up very close in the end. If we don't take our chances I can see us drawing or losing.

With the way they have been coming from behind recently it may be best to go all gun blazing first 15 minutes, grab a goal then drop the back line 20 yards and sit back.

There is next to no chance they will create anything if we have 10 behind the ball and we are brilliant on the counter the rare occasions we get to show it, so play them at their own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.