Man United (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we may use tactics similar to that at Anfield: wear them down patiently and then go for the jugular in the 2nd half. It will be their 3rd game in 7 days and they are not likely to have much in the tank in the last 20 minutes. We made 7 changes against West Ham and 6 changes vs Wolves, so we are likely to be the fresher team. Plus a draw is a worse result for them, if they want to challenge for the title.

They are not bad, have a lot of athleticism and speed, make quick transitions, etc. Therefore, it's better to be careful and cautious, no need to go at them from the start, but also no need to be too cautious and passive. Play with patience and confidence and raise the tempo in the 2nd half. Chances are we will win.
Erm "challenge for the title"...?!

I think that it is going to be very similar to the league game at the swamp.

They will be delighted with a boring point and will sit back and defend for their lives.
I think pep will be pragmatic and realise that a draw pretty much guarantees the title, especially if Leicester drop points tonight so won't go all out.
I don't want a poncey draw. I want the players up for this and ready to pounce at their throats. And I want to see City rip their sorry rag arses to pieces and leave them physically and mentally drained
and psychologicallyy scarred from a humiliating defeat.

That second half was stage managed for them by the officials - breaking up city's play, awarding them free kicks for nothing (especially in dangerous areas) plus the penalty not given against aguero. Saying that, Sterling should have put it beyond reach in the first half.
I’d forgotten all about that “tackle” from young on Sergio until I watched all or nothing again the other day. Not only was it a penalty but could have broken his leg and possibly ended his career! That being missed just shows how bent this game is!

alty is a good ref when he s not cheating like the chelsea match.thats the day i bought into the corruption theorys because a decent ref couldnt be that bad

If you watch that incident again you see him put his whistle to his mouth as Aguero is fouled and then he doesn’t blow. It would be interesting to know, if his first instinct was ‘that’s a foul,’ why he didn’t give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.