Manc bands that never got the acclaim they deserved

Bibinho said:
peoffrey said:
I'd argue Beecher actually did very well by not allowing the scene to hold them back. Their first album was released by Earache to much critical acclaim. It's just a shame they decided to call it a day as soon as they did.

The unsigned scene in 2000 onwards produced a couple of good bands who never quite got there. Moco were phenomenal live band whose performances were legendary and Tsuji Giri's album produced by Steve Albini was top notch.

No bullshit i work with the drummer from beecher, and they did a reunion one off gig not long ago

I saw them advertised to play at Borderline in London a summer or two back. I wasn't aware whether it was a band using the same name or a brand new line up. Is your workmate called Will?

No mate hes calle danny jones, he use to work on my team in work then moved over to a different team, he said he was a replacement drummer as that will guy left apprntly so he was the replacement... Never listened to them really, not my thing

Made up to Dubsex get a mention - I'd forgotten all about them. If I'm remembering this right their drummer was part of the touring crew with Happy Mondays in 88/89 when they went massive - top bloke he was and only mentioned his Dubsex work in passing.

What about:
The Bodines - technically Glossop but Mick Ryan lived in M/cr.
Dust Junkies - never quite got the attention they deserved
ToT - didn't last long sadly
Eskimos and Egypt - big on the continent but never quite took off here - they did a top cover of a Chameleons

Now my minds going into overdrive lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVAf7s8r_I[/youtube]

had never heard of these til i saw them with The Waltones

-- Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:57 pm --

Bibinho said:
peoffrey said:
Vagivoovoo said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2WwkpsRhnc[/youtube]

I'd argue Beecher actually did very well by not allowing the scene to hold them back. Their first album was released by Earache to much critical acclaim. It's just a shame they decided to call it a day as soon as they did.

The unsigned scene in 2000 onwards produced a couple of good bands who never quite got there. Moco were phenomenal live band whose performances were legendary and Tsuji Giri's album produced by Steve Albini was top notch.

No bullshit i work with the drummer from beecher, and they did a reunion one off gig not long ago
They did. I was in school with the guitarist, Mark. Quiet lad in school believe it or not.

don't post often but the fact that nobody at all has brought up

THE CHAMELEONS

has absolutely astounded me. They are the most underated band from anywhere, never mind Manchester.

newtonheathdave said:
don't post often but the fact that nobody at all has brought up

THE CHAMELEONS

has absolutely astounded me. They are the most underated band from anywhere, never mind Manchester.

Check the very first song posted in the original post ;)

-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:13 am --

ickle~blue said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVAf7s8r_I[/youtube]

had never heard of these til i saw them with The Waltones

They appeared on the ''Manchester North of England'' cassette with a great song, can't recall what it was... packed away in a box!<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 am --<br /><br />
newtonheathdave said:
Has anyone mentioned THE HIGH?
They were a decent band and the somewhere soon album is very underated

Andy Cousins - original Stone Roses guitarist! Saw them at The Boardwalk

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
They appeared on the ''Manchester North of England'' cassette with a great song, can't recall what it was... packed away in a box!

This one ? almost added it to my other post too

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdtb51mA2Yo[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.