Manchester’s Changing Skyline

The Railings.

DSC05577.jpg

DSC05604.jpg

DSC05605.jpg

DSC05606.jpg

DSC05607.jpg

DSC05609.jpg

I'll upload the rest of the of the pictures tomorrow, including the pictures from Cloud 23 Bar, Hilton Hotel.

Novella - New Bailey

DSC05594.jpg

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05596.jpg

Looks like something Ceaucescu would have built in Bucharest. Or a development in Pyongyang.

I love your positivity Jim, about Manchester’s architecture, after seeing all those pictures. :-)

I’m dreading tomorrow when I post all the other pictures. :-(

I love your positivity Jim, about Manchester’s architecture, after seeing all those pictures. :-)

I’m dreading tomorrow when I post all the other pictures. :-(
Tell me I'm wrong. You can't, can you? That is one grim looking building.

And yes, I'm sure it's costing a sizeable wedge to build. Being expensive doesn't make a building nice to look at.

Tell me I'm wrong. You can't, can you? That is one grim looking building.

And yes, I'm sure it's costing a sizeable wedge to build. Being expensive doesn't make a building nice to look at.

I wouldn’t call it grim. Obviously the muted, pale green, isn’t your colour preference?

I’m sure once it’s built, cleaned, and the area around it is landscaped, it will look better.

It could just be my pictures?

IMG_2757.jpeg

PS.

TBF to you Jim, it does look like a miserable looking building. Certainly not as bright as the CGI suggested.

Last edited:
Confirmed our offices are moving into 4 Angel Square in Q3 2026. Means combining our offices from 1 Piccadilly Gardens and 3 Hardman Street. Shiny and new but only 52 parking spaces!

Reactions: jrb
Today, the planning and highways committee cemented the approval of five new skyscrapers and a Piccadilly hotel.

Developer Renaker plans to transform Manchester’s skyline at Great Jackson Street once more will have combined gross development value greater than £1bn, according to viability statements from Savills and Roger Hannah.

The application was split into two parts: The Lighthouse and The Green.

Developer Renaker’s 71-storey residential tower will provide 642 homes and a top-floor public restaurant.

It will surpass the South Tower as Manchester’s tallest tower.

IMG-2766.jpg

A Lamington Group application for a 251-bedroom hotel off Piccadilly was also approved.

The 34-storey tower will renovate parts of the grade two-listed Union Bank and will create 133,000 sq ft of gross internal floorspace.

A public-facing restaurant and rooftop parts are also in the plans.

IMG-2765.jpg

IMG-2763.jpg

IMG-2764.jpg

After years of nervousness around the emerging sector, Salford council looks set to approve Progressive Living’s 568-unit development off Gorton Street next week.

Designed by BDP and located within the Greengate regeneration area, the co-living complex would rise to 41 storeys and provide units ranging from 226 sq ft to 376 sq ft.

IMG-2770.jpg

IMG-2768.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.