Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Another good looking New Cross residential development

Bendix Street - 13 stories - New Cross (close to Oldham Road)

D63329A0-5A0F-4B42-AAD6-3F43230DC29D.jpeg

2A33B785-2506-4502-BE2E-5C5258CF9C55.jpeg

Last edited:
Doesn't the Transition site consultation go live tomorrow?
It's truly insane just how much development is going up and is planned (as the country is practically on its knees).

Too lazy to go through all 36 pages, so forgive me @jrb. Are you involved in some way in this huge change to our great city? And no, I'm not taking the piss.

Absolutely and sadly not, Jim. Just a passing interest since hearing the IRA bomb go off in 1996, seeing the plume of smoke rising in the city centre from my house in Burnage, and following the redevelopment of Manchester (city centre) since then.

Stumbled across SSC-MCR in 2003 and posted on there until last year. 65,000 posts. Still lurking. Now I’m happy just to post on this thread.

That aside, there are a few posters on BM, 1 in particular, who are involved in shaping the huge change in Manchester and it’s skyline.

Bar this thread, SSC Manchester is the place to go for updates on property development and construction in Manchester.

Last edited:
Much is driven by pension funds.

Indeed it is. Rents are high so yields are strong and even during Covid most residential blocks collected high percentage of rents. Much higher than commercial investments. People may not be aware but the population of Manchester is rising by around 30,000 people a year and about half of that in the city centre. Each tower holds an average of 300 apartments. (Say 600 people). 20 towers a year needed believe it or not to satisfy demand. We are a second city and very popular. To grow a a city though - we desperately need an underground system. Simply has to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.