Manchester - 100 Years a United Free Zone

it's a bit needy all this really.

As we all know the boundaries in Gtr Mcr are a bit of a joke and although we might occasionally want to take the piss out of them for it - I think we make ourselves look small time if we keep banging on about it - or talk of getting posters/stickers done up.
No need - lets let the football do the talking.

Same goes for anyone perpetuating the myth about mcr being blue, I don't think it does us any favours. Leave that sort of talk to the media and people who don't live here and so don't know any better.
We'll catch em up hopefully in the next 10 yrs or so and then we can give it out

fallowfield said:

As we all know the boundaries in Gtr Mcr are a bit of a joke and although we might occasionally want to take the piss out of them for it - I think we make ourselves look small time if we keep banging on about it - or talk of getting posters/stickers done up.

Same goes for anyone perpetuating the myth about mcr being blue, I don't think it does us any favours. Leave that sort of talk to the media and people who don't live here and so don't know any better.
We'll catch em up hopefully in the next 10 yrs or so and then we can give it out
Why do they keep coming on here pretending to be us if we are so smalltime ??????????????????????

fallowfield said:

Some MMU students did a study and found that a far higher proportion of City's season ticket holders were from Greater Manchester addresses than United's were. This is all online somewhere. It isn't a myth.

sam221985 said:
fallowfield said:

Some MMU students did a study and found that a far higher proportion of City's season ticket holders were from Greater Manchester addresses than United's were. This is all online somewhere. It isn't a myth.
1135780-Football-Manchester.jpg

ssg2 said:
sam221985 said:

my my ... how the tables have turned, uni*ed now having to resort to the old boundry bollocks ;-)

ssg it's your lad in the city acadamy isn't it? ... hows he doing?

ssg2 said:
sam221985 said:

There is literally that exact same picture with Manchester is Blue written on it and a suitably different colouring of postcode areas and explanation.

felixbg said:
ssg2 said:

my my ... how the tables have turned, uni*ed now having to resort to the old boundry bollocks ;-)

ssg it's your lad in the city acadamy isn't it? ... hows he doing?
Hes good, enjoying it thats the main thing and improving loads playing with better players.

Hes going to play some competitve games from September at the JJB for Alty, so be good to see how hes doing in a real match

MCRJON said:
In March 2010 it will of been 100 years since Old Trafford opened. Our friends from Stretford are now planning whatis going to be 'a massive celebration'. United are going to make a massive song and dance about this - shirts / special tours etc.

This date i believe also holds significance for the real people of Manchester, because as of March 2010 manchester will of been a united free zone for 100 years!! So we need a similar campaign - MANCHESTER "100 YEARS A UNITED FREE ZONE".

The early thinking on this is that every sign that reads welcome to Manchester, should also be adorned with the slogan "100 Years - A United Free Zone". So this is going to require some stickers and some stealth stickerers (is that a word - it is now).

Other suggestions are needed and a serious commitee needs setting up for what promises to be a massive year for the people of Manchester. The facebook group is open so look out for that, imo this thread should be sticky.

Jon

why don't we just ensure we're top of the table my March and remain so til the end of the season. winning the title, stopping their attempt to win it 4 times on trot would piss on their parade. Not to mention make me quite happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.