Manchester Airport Terminal 1

I went through Man T1 last week and it was fine, flew to Philly and immigration / security was ok on all fronts even. I think a lot depends on the timing of flights and i guess they don't take that in to consideration when the slots get booked.

I'm flying from Terminal 1 next Sunday. With the new drop-off charges, what's the most cost and hassle effective way for me to get from Poynton to the airport? Taxi, presumably with drop-off charges, parking at the airport, or train into Piccadilly and out?

The five worst UK airports according to Which?
1. London Luton (35%)

2. London Stansted (44%)

2. Manchester Terminal 3 (44%)

4. Manchester Terminal 1 (46%)

5. Aberdeen (49%)

Link

All I can say is Luton must be horrendous. Stansted maybe no surprise as its owned by MAG.
Luton is horrendous.
We flew to Dubrovnik from there two years ago.
Lots of building work going on in the departure lounge, about enough seating for 200 when there were thousands there. Had to queue for a seat around one of the bars, causing fights to break out. Thought we’d be clever and go in a restaurant so we could sit down, there was a forty five minute wait to be seated.
On out return we waited for over an hour for our one bag and then had to wait an hour for the car park bus to arrive. After moaning at the guy for taking so long we realised as we left the place it wasn’t his fault because the queue to get on to the airport approach was just jam packed with nothing moving at all. People leaving their transport and having to leg it over roads and roundabouts with their luggage to get to the terminal. The jam was caused by the stupid system of having to pay £3 on entry to the drop off zone!

Never had a problem with check in and security at Manchester Airport. The worst aspects are always the long wait for luggage on arrival and the drop off/pick up arrangements if you travel by car.

I'm flying from Terminal 1 next Sunday. With the new drop-off charges, what's the most cost and hassle effective way for me to get from Poynton to the airport? Taxi, presumably with drop-off charges, parking at the airport, or train into Piccadilly and out?

I regularly use Lynx taxis for just that.
£16 fixed price from Poynton.

Chose Birmingham for our trip to Ibiza and the whole experience was a pleasure compared to Manchester.
Having to use T2 in October for Dominican Republic and am dreading it.
Upgraded to premium and checking bags in the night before fast track (joke of a service) but slightly better than full queue but still not looking forward to it.
All future short haul will be booked from EMA or Birminham Manchester is terrible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.