Manchester City are where they are now because of Carlos

Tevez City

Patrick Vieira: Manchester City are where they are now because of Carlos Tevez

The retired midfielder believes the club owes much of their progression to the Argentine, but believes their form shows that they no longer rely on the forward

[bigimg]http://u.goal.com/120900/120967hp2.jpg[/bigimg]

Patrick Vieira insists Manchester City wouldn't be where they are today without want-away striker Carlos Tevez.

The retired midfielder, now City's football development executive, admitted that while it is tough to talk about the Argentine's situation following his antics during the Champions League clash with Bayern Munich, his contribution to the club's rise cannot be forgotten.

"I think it's really difficult to talk about the Carlos Tevez situation because the inquiry is going on and it's not really good to get involved," Vieria told World Football Daily.

"But of course, the club is where its at the moment because I think Carlos Tevez really contributed to that situation. Last year, Carlos scored goals for the club when it's been fantastic for the football club."

Tevez scored 20 league goals for Roberto Mancini's side last season, helping to secure its first Champions League berth as the club finished third in the table.

Without Tevez, City currently sit five points clear on top of the Premier League table. Vieira credits this to the squad's strength in depth, proving that the club's attack isn't solely reliant on the former Manchester United man anymore.

"The players have responded really well," Vierira continued. "Everybody is currently focused on their jobs and all credit to the players because they've been working hard, like I've said, and up front, players like Edin [Dzeko], [Sergio] Aguero, Mario [Balotelli] are scoring goals and it's really good for us."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ester-city-are-where-they-are-now-because-of-

That all sounds perfectly reasonable. There aren't many who underestimate how good he was for us, it's just a pity he's turned out to be such a dog wanker.

that's because we now have harmoney within the camp and eveyone is pulling
in the write direction.

for me, long may it continue.

tevez has done nothing but bring the squad closer together and are now playing
as a unit without him.

It's a true story.

Also in hindsight you can't attact world class players when you don't play in CL unless they problematic... Carlos is world class but he's brings baggage.

Fortuneltey we can buy players like Augero who are world class and are model players.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Lancet Fluke said:
That all sounds perfectly reasonable. There aren't many who underestimate how good he was for us, it's just a pity he's turned out to be such a dog wanker.

I heard those rumours about the dog wanking as well. Such a fall from grace.

and what exactly is wrong with dog wanking? Get down Rover

BringBackSwales said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I heard those rumours about the dog wanking as well. Such a fall from grace.

and what exactly is wrong with dog wanking? Get down Rover

I'm not a big fan of dog wanking, so to speed it up I usually use my mouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.