Manchester City - Premier League Champions 2018/2019

Absolutely unreal from our wonderful club. Fantastic season all round & it's not quite finished yet.

Praise to Pep for raising the standards once again, praise to the team for being f***ing class & a special thanks to Vincent Kompany for being an absolute icon.

Although they're now irrelevant and second best I would like to say I would usually I would congratulate 2nd place (especially given they racked up 97 points) but can't help myself feel absolutely delighted we beat the dippers to top spot despite their best efforts to cheat their way to the title. With VAR next season they might actually challenge for top 4! (for any lurking dippers, we know we had a couple of decisions go our way but we also had decisions against us e.g the Willy Bolly handball that cost us 2 points, Liverpool have had countless offside goals wrongly allowed and some of the dive's from Salah and co are absolutely comical and Tom Daly would be proud! I was actually reading a Liverpool forum just now (a good laugh) and plenty of reds were admitting to having the rub of the green this season)

With the media coverage this year being so pro-Liverpool due to Sky employing LFC-TV & because the story would bait more clicks and sell more papers in Norway, the season has been absolutely draining and I am genuinely glad to see the back of it. Proud of the lads for coming through in the end for a well deserved title.

We go again next year but first Saturday! See you at Wembley boys & girls.

Reading the headlines I would like to congratulate LFC to the well deserved title win 2019 after a fantastic performance!.. :-/

All that "fine margins and 11-or-29.5-mm rubbish" is extremely getting on my nerves.

No one in the public has the guts to say it like it is:

Pickford +2 points
Rico +2 points
Speroni +2 points
Lloris +2 points
Mahrez pen +1 point and City -2 points
Milner 2 miles offside at WHU +1 point.
---------------------------------------------
12 fuckin points from pure luck where dippers didn't have any influence, without even talking about dodgy penalties.

Fine margins, pff.
I am ready to negotiate my calculation but I don't remember comparable PL situations where City has been that lucky.

In my book LFC had a well respectable 87 points season and some really good matches, esp CL.
Will be interesting if they are able to repeat such a - in every respect - perfect season.
I doubt that very much.

2nd half of the season btw reads like this:

.................................W D L...F..A..GD...P
1 Manchester City.......19 18 0 1 44:8 +36 54
FC Liverpool.......... 19 14 4 1 46:15 +31 46
3 Manchester United....19 10 4 5 28:23 +5 34
4 FC Arsenal.............19 10 2 7 32:26 +6 32
5 FC Chelsea.............19 9 5 5 26:23 +3 32
6 Wolverhampton........19 9 4 6 27:24 +3 31
7 Crystal Palace..........19 9 3 7 34:28 +6 30
8 Newcastle United......19 8 4 7 28:22 +6 28
9 FC Burnley..............19 8 4 7 28:27 +1 28
10 FC Everton............19 8 3 8 23:17 +6 27
11 Tottenham Hotspur...19 8 2 9 25:21 +4 26

That table does much more reflect how I feel about the current PL situation. We are dominating.

Don't know if already mentioned, but we got another record (shared with Tottenham) this year. Fewest draws in a PL season - 2. Previous record was 3 held by Mourinho's Chelsea.

Sorry if already posted elsewhere on this or other threads, but does anyone know where I can find clips/videos of the following two things please?....

The Liverpool fans going mental when they heard Brighton went in front, but then presumably going quiet once we equalised (and then took the lead)

Soccer Saturday for their reactions too (in particular Old Big Nose who earlier said we weren't a proper football club!)

They were the only aspects I haven't yet witnessed yet in order to make my last 24 hours complete :)

Next season will be tough but we’ll strengthen, hopefully Kev will be fit and play more, the Dippers won’t get 17 offside goals with VAR, Salah won’t get so many pens from brushes against his arm and maybe three goalkeepers won’t throw balls into their own net. I really think the Dippers had a bit of a helping hand this year and some incredible good fortune that’s not likely to be repeated. That said I can see them getting 90 points so we will have to be on our game from the off. If we can see the Dippers off next year - we might see Klopp off as well.

Sorry if already posted elsewhere on this or other threads, but does anyone know where I can find clips/videos of the following two things please?....

The Liverpool fans going mental when they heard Brighton went in front, but then presumably going quiet once we equalised (and then took the lead)

Soccer Saturday for their reactions too (in particular Old Big Nose who earlier said we weren't a proper football club!)

They were the only aspects I haven't yet witnessed yet in order to make my last 24 hours complete :)

The first bit was on MOTD - you can see that on iplayer - but I’ve not seen any footage of big nose or spit yet ? But would love to ? Their pain will be sweet.

The first bit was on MOTD - you can see that on iplayer - but I’ve not seen any footage of big nose or spit yet ? But would love to ? Their pain will be sweet.

Ah, thanks for that....have recorded MOTD to watch tonight, so will enjoy that all over again and seeing the short lived joy (turning to despair) on their scouse faces!!

Would love to see the reaction of Big Nose or Spit, for sure!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.