Manchester City put spending spree on hold

to be fair - solid prem players is prob what we need for the next 6 months and this is what the article is saying. Not that we won't spend at all.

I won't be disappointed if we don't sign a marquee type player in Jan.
Am just hoping for 4/5 upper prem level players to stabilise the season and put us in position for the summer.
Anything more than that will be a bonus

fallowfield said:
to be fair - solid prem players is prob what we need for the next 6 months and this is what the article is saying. Not that we won't spend at all.

Am just hoping for 4/5 upper prem level players to stabilise the season and put us in position for the summer.

Exactly, I don't care about world class players at the moment, I just hope we won't get relegated and that's about all the ambition I have left.

Let's face it, we shouldn't be relying on even more signings to stay up, we should at least be a top ten side with the squad we've got. If someone could just explain to Hughes and Bowen that it's almost impossible to score if we don't have possession. The big hoof doesn't work with quality footballers.

avoidconfusion said:
fallowfield said:

Exactly, I don't care about world class players at the moment, I just hope we won't get relegated and that's about all the ambition I have left.

Agreed

Let's face it, we shouldn't be relying on even more signings to stay up, we should at least be a top ten side with the squad we've got. If someone could just explain to Hughes and Bowen that it's almost impossible to score if we don't have possession. The big hoof doesn't work with quality footballers.

If this is true then at least the owners do have a plan and one that seems a good one. You can't buy a good team, it has to evolve.

The danger is of course that we could get relegated but if we can buy some premiership quality then we will be hopefully okay we can look again in the summer.

Tribalfootball article. Words I have added are highlighted.

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes is shitting himself and hoping his team will improve in the second half of the season now the distractions of European competition are over for the moment.

City have won only one of their last nine games in all competitions because Hughes is shit, and some supporters are fucking shitting themselves at the thought of being relegated and alarmed at their situation.

He said: "We are looking to be really strong in the second half of the season and fully expect to be.

"Obviously we have qualified for Europe now and we have no distractions in that respect until the middle of February. Hopefully I will have fucked off by then!

"We are looking forward to the trip to West Brom, because it is important we start getting points on the board. Otherwise I am fucked and my P45 is handed to me on a solid gold platter.

"We have the ability in the side to win at the Hawthorns. They will no doubt come out flying, but we have to combat whatever they throw at us by doing the correct things more often than not. West Brom will come out flying like pigs, pigs will fly if I ever win a match again and remain in this job. I am a shit manager and a rag.

"Winning gives you confidence, and at the moment we are not getting the wins that we feel our football deserves. Fuck me, after a game the samaritans helpline number is jammed with city players phoning them. I've lost the dressing room - fuck knows where it has gone!

"We have produced some good stuff this season, and everyone knows that. What we haven't been able to do is perform to that level on a consistent basis."

Revolver said:
If this is true then at least the owners do have a plan and one that seems a good one. You can't buy a good team, it has to evolve.

The danger is of course that we could get relegated but if we can buy some premiership quality then we will be hopefully okay we can look again in the summer.
Why don't we just buy the bottom clubs best players ?

biffa said:
Revolver said:

Why don't we just buy the bottom clubs best players ?

Now that is a daring plan. Bit sneaky too. I like it.

If our new owners wanted a buy a club who they could reflect in the glory of they could have tried to buy someone like Man U or Liverpool.

Hopefully they like a challenge will be in for the long haul To be fair so far they have said all the right things and to buy in summer seems the sensible thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.