Manchester City put spending spree on hold

I have no problem with holding off marquee signings, but does anyone seriously think that if we were in with a chance of signing a top player in January we won't be doing everything we can to close the deal?

So either this is a "stop putting the prices up because City aren't playing the game" article, or it's a "we're not sure Hughes is going to be manager in a few months time so lets hold fire" article.

Or it could just be another I've just made up a story that has no bearing in truth" article.

Probably no truth in that article apart froom the possibility of us not signing any top players til the summer and only getting mid range ones in Jan, usually telegraph bullshit, taking the piss out of us mentioning the rags as well

what a load of crap.

sounds to me like the telegraph are trying to play down what we will probably do in january.whilst every other paper is linking us to everyone for £50million, just in case that doesnt happen they can say 'see....told you so, we didnt get sucked into all the hype'

dont believe a word of it.

Does anyone remember when the takeover happened?

We bought Robinho, spanked Pompey, the football world was at our feet. We were even accused of potentially "ruining the game".

Expectations were that we'd be on the fringes of the UEFA places come January, we'd then go out and sign a handful of superstars to see us qualify for the UEFA Cup, before we embarked, next season, on our target of the Top 4 places.

Life was fuckin' briilliant.

As we head towards that Janiary window, we're in the bottom 3. The expectations on the transfer front have receeded from Kaka, Buffon, Messi, Villa and Chiellini to Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Warnock, Neill and any otherr Blackburn player you can think of.

I have never felt such a reversal in expectations as a City fan in all the years of following the club.

At one time we knew our place as football's great underachievers, and I foolishly believed we could change that with just having the odd 100 million to spend.

Ah, you'd think I'd have learned by now...

Its a polite way of saying Hughes is gonna have limited funds because he's gonna get the sven treatment

biffa said:
Revolver said:
If this is true then at least the owners do have a plan and one that seems a good one. You can't buy a good team, it has to evolve.

The danger is of course that we could get relegated but if we can buy some premiership quality then we will be hopefully okay we can look again in the summer.
Why don't we just buy the bottom clubs best players ?

We've already got them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.