Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets take one game at a time.

We need to play to win v Villa with a high tempo from the start and to the finish.

Interesting debate and makes fun reading peoples opinions on what may or may not happen, but hey its simple; we need to go out and win both games- then its ours by right.

If Liverpool don't win tomorrow and a few of our players think we can win it by drawing a game we are in trouble. I cannot see any of our players doing that but remember Villa and West Ham could yet do us, Carroll is a handful for any defence and we hurt their pride with a 9-0 aggregate win earlier this season. Villa blow hot and cold- mostly freezing cold but they somehow beat us earlier this season.

The Fat Lady has'nt sung yet...

Cobwebcat said:
squirtyflower said:
Cobwebcat said:
One prediction down :-) two to go......

-- Sun May 04, 2014 5:10 pm --

It is all but mathematically there wouldn't be an eleven goal swing in one game
agreed, therefore not all over
we could lose 5-0 west ham and Liverpool beat the magpies 8-0

Spoken like a true blue ;-)
pragmatic cynical old bastard you mean

WhenProgrammesWereAShilling said:
Interesting debate and makes fun reading peoples opinions on what may or may not happen, but hey its simple; we need to go out and win both games- then its ours by right.

If Liverpool don't win tomorrow and a few of our players think we can win it by drawing a game we are in trouble. I cannot see any of our players doing that but remember Villa and West Ham could yet do us, Carroll is a handful for any defence and we hurt their pride with a 9-0 aggregate win earlier this season. Villa blow hot and cold- mostly freezing cold but they somehow beat us earlier this season.

The Fat Lady has'nt sung yet...
that`s the spirit mate...

Cobwebcat said:
squirtyflower said:
Cobwebcat said:
Spoken like a true blue ;-)
pragmatic cynical old bastard you mean

Aren't we all....

I think our players learnt a lot from the QPR game and today's result at Chelsea must make them realise that Aston Villa and W Ham will not be easy. I hope it doesn't make them nervous. We've got the players to win both but the same players lost to Wigan and nearly lost to Sunderland at home. It's going to be tough but it would be so good to go next Sunday and be able to relax and ENJOY the match instead of biting my nails off

Nothing is ever easy at the business end of the season. I'll guarantee that we'll piss one of the two games but have some serious problem in the other, something like going behind or a sending off. It's how we react that'll determine whether we win it.

Suppose Liverpool win 0-4 tomorrow. After 60 mins on Wed we are 2-0 up.

Do you:

a) Take off Silva and Yaya to keep them ready for Sunday. Bring on Garcia and Kolarov to see out the game

b) Go flat out for a few extra goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.