Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon23 said:
The result doesnt really change too much. I think we still need to win both games to make sure as I think West ham will come for a draw,

Vila with their pace (agbonlahour delph and wiseman) can cause us problems on the break so we have to be disciplined.

Get yaya silva and aguero back on the pitch and it gives us a good chance however.

ermmm how can it not change anything, we needed two wins now we only need one and a draw, lets say we beat villa and are beating west ham 1-0 and they get a goal in the 89th

Blueband Brother said:
Nobody is highlighting and addressing the contrast in the capacity of City and Liverpool to manage games and handle difficult situations. On saturday we were in a somewhat similar situation to Liverpool but the players showed great intelligence, professionalism and experience to manage the game until the end. Most of the players in the squad were also here 2 seasons ago so it is burning in their conscience and imagination to ensure that there is no room for complacency.

So I am very happy and confident going into the 2 games especially now that Yaya, Silva and even Aguero are fit to play. The players ultimately have to go and get the job done but they are clearly more equipped to handle this sort of situation.

If your right, the front five pick themselves. Would also like to see Fernandinho next to Javi just for safety.

MSP said:
I just wish we played this damn Villa game before. 3 games in 8 days is big, big pressure, both mentally and physically in such circumstances.

we will not take them lightly, our players and management are focused, they will cope<br /><br />-- Tue May 06, 2014 12:26 am --<br /><br />
marco said:
simon23 said:
The result doesnt really change too much. I think we still need to win both games to make sure as I think West ham will come for a draw,

Vila with their pace (agbonlahour delph and wiseman) can cause us problems on the break so we have to be disciplined.

Get yaya silva and aguero back on the pitch and it gives us a good chance however.

ermmm how can it not change anything, we needed two wins now we only need one and a draw, lets say we beat villa and are beating west ham 1-0 and they get a goal in the 89th

Simon23 is no Sam Caddick, but he is not exactly known for his positivity

StiffLegs said:
growl said:
Our boys will need no reminding that we got turned over at Villa Park. They will not take this fixture lightly.

Like they didn't need reminding how we got twated against Wigan.

We're not as solid as I'd like and we have 2 BIG BIG games coming up.
No billy big bollocks till we have won it!

BringBackSwales said:
MSP said:
I just wish we played this damn Villa game before. 3 games in 8 days is big, big pressure, both mentally and physically in such circumstances.

we will not take them lightly, our players and management are focused, they will cope

I remember Kompany saying in 2012 that the week between Newcastle & QPR dragged. Mentally it may actually help playing
3 times in 8 days as the team don't have time to start thinking negative thoughts. Physically it will be hard but I think we'll
be okay.

I have to miss this game due to training for my job. This is the most frustrating thing ever. I am confident we can do the job against villa at home but we need to be professional and not take them lightly.

HolisticJim said:
StiffLegs said:
growl said:
Our boys will need no reminding that we got turned over at Villa Park. They will not take this fixture lightly.

we rested 8 players against wigan , hardly a good comparison , and we have the 2nd best defence in the league , also none of our supporters , players or ex-players , are acting billy big bollocks , we will leave that shit to the martyrs.

gmckennasell said:
HolisticJim said:

we rested 8 players against wigan , hardly a good comparison , and we have the 2nd best defence in the league , also none of our supporters , players or ex-players , are acting billy big bollocks , we will leave that shit to the martyrs.

Nasri has been trolling a little on twitter

stony said:
gmckennasell said:
HolisticJim said:

Nasri has been trolling a little on twitter
What a game , what a league , i love crystal palace so much now our turn to do the job
That's trolling? It's how we feel.

greasedupdeafguy said:
We'll destroy these especially with Benteke out.

West ham is a difficult match but I cant see us losing it.

Fingers crossed but Benteke and Abonglior were both out when we played them at villa park earlier this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.