Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
stony said:
gmckennasell said:
we rested 8 players against wigan , hardly a good comparison , and we have the 2nd best defence in the league , also none of our supporters , players or ex-players , are acting billy big bollocks , we will leave that shit to the martyrs.

Nasri has been trolling a little on twitter
What a game , what a league , i love crystal palace so much now our turn to do the job
That's trolling? It's how we feel.

I don't blame him, but we're fans, not professional footballers.

mat said:
th

Please don't fuck it up.
It's the city way!

Blueband Brother said:
Nobody is highlighting and addressing the contrast in the capacity of City and Liverpool to manage games and handle difficult situations. On saturday we were in a somewhat similar situation to Liverpool but the players showed great intelligence, professionalism and experience to manage the game until the end. Most of the players in the squad were also here 2 seasons ago so it is burning in their conscience and imagination to ensure that there is no room for complacency.

So I am very happy and confident going into the 2 games especially now that Yaya, Silva and even Aguero are fit to play. The players ultimately have to go and get the job done but they are clearly more equipped to handle this sort of situation.

Great post. It's the reason I am very confident.

We have had much self flagellation over the last two years on this forum about this squad's "mental strength", "winning mentality", "desire" etc.

I believe whole heartedly like you that this lot are perfect for the job required. Hungry, focused pros, who've been there before. You can't legislate for a sending off or couple of freak decisions, or whatever, but all the cards are stacked in our favour. We have no problem scoring goals, we don't have a major problem breaking down defensive teams and we have David silva fit and rested. We might even have a couple of opposition managers saying "go out there and play football". That will suit us.

I'm pretty sure Pellegrini will go for the usual blitzkrieg from minute one in both games. Early goals will kill these games off, and make the whole thing a big party.

Hope they don't blow it, should get into the game focused, and sharp, try to score 1 or 2 as soon as possible, and then calm it down and finish the job. The same with West Ham, WBA must not repeat again. I just hope De Michelis will go at the end of the season, he's just not good enough.

cheers from Belgrade, i hope our Balkan boys will help, fingers crossed

Didsbury Dave said:
Blueband Brother said:
Nobody is highlighting and addressing the contrast in the capacity of City and Liverpool to manage games and handle difficult situations. On saturday we were in a somewhat similar situation to Liverpool but the players showed great intelligence, professionalism and experience to manage the game until the end. Most of the players in the squad were also here 2 seasons ago so it is burning in their conscience and imagination to ensure that there is no room for complacency.

So I am very happy and confident going into the 2 games especially now that Yaya, Silva and even Aguero are fit to play. The players ultimately have to go and get the job done but they are clearly more equipped to handle this sort of situation.

Great post. It's the reason I am very confident.

We have had much self flagellation over the last two years on this forum about this squad's "mental strength", "winning mentality", "desire" etc.

I believe whole heartedly like you that this lot are perfect for the job required. Hungry, focused pros, who've been there before. You can't legislate for a sending off or couple of freak decisions, or whatever, but all the cards are stacked in our favour. We have no problem scoring goals, we don't have a major problem breaking down defensive teams and we have David silva fit and rested. We might even have a couple of opposition managers saying "go out there and play football". That will suit us.

I'm pretty sure Pellegrini will go for the usual blitzkrieg from minute one in both games. Early goals will kill these games off, and make the whole thing a big party.

Why do I still have that niggling doubt mate?

Anyone know whom the ref will be?? Dont want to see that Mr Magoo lookalike anywhere neat Manchester. Hell, even if he is the 4th official I could well see a Dipper sniper at the top of The Etihad!!

Because villa and west ham, though having nothing to play for, will want to make it at least decent for their travelling support.

Their shackles will be lose and teams tend to take bragging rights for affecting a title race. It gets them in the lights.

We need to get early goals thats for sure. But also to be solid at the back.

citymad said:
After tonight nothing surprises me. It's far from over.
YES it is....it is a feckin nightmare....Dum Spiro Spero.....but i feel sick.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.