Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kippax_blueboy said:
We just need to win. It wont be easy, Villa wont just roll over. We screwed up at their place and we have to be much tighter and patient at the Ethiad.
One - Nil will be a enough from a penalty. We don't need to be gung-ho, just play steadily create chances and score a goal.
I'm sure the team will be well prepared and ready for the game.

Exactly.
A measured and professional approach. We cannot afford to squander chances. Be clinical in front of goal and show the media why we should be champions.

Wolfy said:
I would gladly sacrifice the space-time continuum just to get rid of today. Can't be doing with all this waiting.

Come on you beautiful blue bastards!

next post is 1,000 mate (number 999 was a good un though)

Some knicker wetting on here, the players will come out firing and up for it, we'll smash Villa thwn score a couple early on against West Ham. Yaya will deliver, Dzeko will deliver, the whole fucking team will deliver! I'm excited where as I'm usually predicting defeat.

6-0 against Villa
3-0 at half time then the game will die a slow death and Sly will show Noel Oasis bloke and buzzer celebrating.

inbetween said:
We'reNotReallyHere said:
-------------------------------Joe----------------------------------
Zaba--------------Kompany--------Demi---------------Kolarov
---------------------Yaya-------------Fern------------------------
Nasri----------------------------------------------------------Silva
---------------------Dzeko---------Kun---------------------------

100% from the off boys.

That's a great team. Not so sure about what happens if we get caught on the break because Fernandinho and Yaya aren't the best defensively but it will do. There isn't much to worry about from Villa other than on the break; with Garcia sitting back and Fernandinho able to support Yaya I think would be a better balance. Fernandinho was brilliant against Everton going forward and he can't do that with that team really or we'll be totally open to the counter. I'd even take playing the lone striker in this one and be a bit more pragmatic and less gung-ho in midfield, we can always change it if it isn't working. I can't see Villa keeping us out but I sometimes worry about us defensively when we play with 2 strikers and Pellegrini goes on to butcher the midfield in favor of more strikers on the pitch..

-------------------------------Joe----------------------------------
Zaba--------------Kompany--------Demi---------------Kolarov
---------------------Garcia-------------Fern------------------------
------------------Yaya-------Nasri--------Silva-------------
------------------------------Kun---------------------------
Whatttttt no Milner are you insane!!!!

rnblade said:
kippax_blueboy said:
We just need to win. It wont be easy, Villa wont just roll over. We screwed up at their place and we have to be much tighter and patient at the Ethiad.
One - Nil will be a enough from a penalty. We don't need to be gung-ho, just play steadily create chances and score a goal.
I'm sure the team will be well prepared and ready for the game.

Exactly.
A measured and professional approach. We cannot afford to squander chances. Be clinical in front of goal and show the media why we should be champions.

I agree and I think we demonstrated this against Palace to be honest, we have matured this season and we wont make the mistake the dippers did last night. This is also one of the reasons I am glad we do not have our arses licked by the press, the dippers believed the hype and paid the price, just like the rags this season.
Pellegrini has also come into his own as the season has developed, I am really Impressed by his calm and measured approach, I believe in him and I believe in our team... CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.