Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa have Agbonlahor, Bennett (says "doubtful" for tomorrow), Gardner, Helenius, Benteke, Kozák, Okore and N'Zogbia all out injured.

We have Agüero (says "slight doubt" for tomorrow), Navas and Nastasić out.

So Kolarov, Fernandinho and Silva in; Clichy, García and Agüero on the bench, for me. Silva can have the free role where he can be the no10 or drop deeper to receive the ball - his best role in the team.<br /><br />-- Tue May 06, 2014 12:05 pm --<br /><br />
poh said:
Not getting too carried away just yet,we have a big job to do wed' night and an even bigger one to do on sunday,COME ON CITY !
Not even thinking about Sunday. West Ham, Sunday, the Premier League trophy don't even exist yet in my mind - just want to think about Aston Villa Football Club at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday 7th May.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
3rdgenerationblue said:
Aguero out eh?

shocker.

I bet he is ok for the Argies.

Just remember who pays your wages fella.

What a fucking stupid remark.
Do you think he's sitting on the bench rather than winning the title on the pitch on purpose?

do not say anything you wouldnt say to my face keyboard warrior. You have you opinion, i have mine, and all i have said is that he will be ok for the world cup but at the hint of an injury we dont see the fella for weeks. Been happening for months now. And yes, of course he is a wonderful striker but i am just suggesting his priorities may be slightly questionable.

3rdgenerationblue said:
Aguero out eh?

shocker.

He fucking remembered on Saturday.

Gutted, haven't been able to make the last two home games and won't be able to make the next two. Feel so depressed :(

3rdgenerationblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
3rdgenerationblue said:
Aguero out eh?

shocker.

What a fucking stupid remark.
Do you think he's sitting on the bench rather than winning the title on the pitch on purpose?

do not say anything you wouldnt say to my face keyboard warrior. You have you opinion, i have mine, and all i have said is that he will be ok for the world cup but at the hint of an injury we dont see the fella for weeks. Been happening for months now. And yes, of course he is a wonderful striker but i am just suggesting his priorities may be slightly questionable.

I'd say the same to your face, so don't flatter yourself.
It was a fucking daft remark - just how would a professional footballer not want to play in the biggest game of the season?
He's probably gutted, but you carry on thinking he's a Danny Mills tribute act if it makes you feel better.

Same about Kun, but we should have enough firepower to overcome the Villa.

Being the eternal optimist, I booked flights from Madrid to Manny and back and got my match tickets some time ago, when the Dippers had - by all accounts - already won the league.

Any more exiled (Spanish) blues on the 13.45 Ryanair flight from Madrid tomorrow?

thank god only a day to wait for this one... we simply have to score first. we simply have to score in the first 20 minutes. Otherwise I may have to do something silly, like cry.

Had rags and Burnley fans congratulating me at work today.

Rags none of whom go as they don't like the dippers and Burnley fans who do go and can't understand my refusal to accept its over.

I do hope/expect us to win both games in style but the specter of Typical City is always on my shoulder.

Roll on tomorrow night.

jaigurugoat said:
pazzo said:
We'reNotReallyHere said:
-------------------------------Joe----------------------------------
Zaba--------------Kompany--------Demi---------------Kolarov
---------------------Yaya-------------Fern------------------------
Nasri----------------------------------------------------------Silva
---------------------Dzeko---------Kun---------------------------

100% from the off boys.

I can see this team easily putting 3 past them, I expect a West Brom kind of game, get it over with in the first half...

There's no point risking Sergio if he isn't fully fit and if we play two in the middle we run the risk of being overrun as they are sure to play three. The team I would play is as follows with Sergio on the bench if fit enough.

-----------------------------------------------------Hart----------------------------------------

Zab-----------------Kompany--------------------DeM-------------------------------Kola

Milner------------------Yaya---------------------Ferna---------------------------Nasri

---------------------------------------Silva--------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Dzeko---------------------------------------------

If Aguero isnt fully fit Play Jovetic (or Negredo) and where do you see 2 in the middle, there's 4: Nasri, Yaya, Ferna and Silva

KippaxCitizen said:
Villa have Agbonlahor, Bennett (says "doubtful" for tomorrow), Gardner, Helenius, Benteke, Kozák, Okore and N'Zogbia all out injured.

We have Agüero (says "slight doubt" for tomorrow), Navas and Nastasić out.

So Kolarov, Fernandinho and Silva in; Clichy, García and Agüero on the bench, for me. Silva can have the free role where he can be the no10 or drop deeper to receive the ball - his best role in the team.

-- Tue May 06, 2014 12:05 pm --

poh said:
Not getting too carried away just yet,we have a big job to do wed' night and an even bigger one to do on sunday,COME ON CITY !
Not even thinking about Sunday. West Ham, Sunday, the Premier League trophy don't even exist yet in my mind - just want to think about Aston Villa Football Club at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday 7th May.

Isn't Navas back?

I thought Pelle said the only injury was Sergio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.