Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
The decision for me is between Garcia and Fern with Yaya further forward or Jovetic/Dzeko.
We're much more of a goal threat with two strikers or Silva as no.10, get the lead and then play 3 in the middle, just as we did vs Everton.

It's going to be very interesting to see whether Pellers sticks to the 4-4-2 now that Kun is out. I think, given the options, that 4-5-1 with Silva floating around in the middle works great. I am just not sure whether Pellers will think the same way.

Gotta look at this from the Villa player's point of view. They've massively underperformed this year; having taken points off all of the top four but not securing safety until this week.
Going into next season, even without any takeover, their positions are under serious threat.
Now, they have this marquee game with which to leave a lasting impression of themselves heading into the summer...

They'll be up for this. This won't be easy.

We're still better than them, though!

KippaxCitizen said:
Villa have Agbonlahor, Bennett (says "doubtful" for tomorrow), Gardner, Helenius, Benteke, Kozák, Okore and N'Zogbia all out injured.

We have Agüero (says "slight doubt" for tomorrow), Navas and Nastasić out.

So Kolarov, Fernandinho and Silva in; Clichy, García and Agüero on the bench, for me. Silva can have the free role where he can be the no10 or drop deeper to receive the ball - his best role in the team.

-- Tue May 06, 2014 12:05 pm --

poh said:
Not getting too carried away just yet,we have a big job to do wed' night and an even bigger one to do on sunday,COME ON CITY !
Not even thinking about Sunday. West Ham, Sunday, the Premier League trophy don't even exist yet in my mind - just want to think about Aston Villa Football Club at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday 7th May.

Why the fuck do people say 'football club' after every club's name these days it pisses me right off!! You mean you 'don't want to think about Aston Villa'. What other sort of club would you be referring to?...their hockey club??

bellsouth said:
gwt said:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Fernandinho Toure
Milner Silva Nasri
Dzeko

This, though maybe Garcia in for Milner to allow Yaya to push up?

No thanks. I keep getting flashes in my mind of Garcia trying to catch Agbonlahor. It's not something I want to see in reality if I'm being honest,. Fingers crossed Agbonlahor will be out, he will be crucial to their tactics no doubt.

Lancet Fluke said:
bellsouth said:
gwt said:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Fernandinho Toure
Milner Silva Nasri
Dzeko

No thanks. I keep getting flashes in my mind of Garcia trying to catch Agbonlahor. It's not something I want to see in reality if I'm being honest.

Agbonlahor is out

Ducado said:
Lancet Fluke said:
bellsouth said:

No thanks. I keep getting flashes in my mind of Garcia trying to catch Agbonlahor. It's not something I want to see in reality if I'm being honest.

Agbonlahor is out

Is that definite? I do hope so, he is hugely important to them and the way they set up. Mind you I thought that when we played them earlier in the season and they still managed to counter attack us to death.

If no Aguero then it's Dzeko up top for me with Garcia and Fernandinho keeping it right in the middle, Yaya pushed forward and silva and Nasri supporting. Kolorov to add some attacking threat.

....................JH.....................

PZ.........VK........MD........AK

.............JG........F................

DS.............YT.............SN

..................ED..................

Solid in the middle but with enough skill and talent up front to score a few goals....

3-0

I can't help thinking that Villa are shit. But QPR were shit, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.