Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

That poster has never had anything positive to say about Jack. Even if he were to score the winning goal in a key match he’d either ignore it or chalk it down as a fluke, or just say he was “terrible” for the other 89 mins. It’s really, really quite pathetic.

You make a big mistake to quote him, now he makes a wall of nonsense post trying to convince you how right he is regarding Grealish.

A good way to end the tour and leading up to the Season's curtain raiser in less than a week. Chelsea do have a couple more friendlies but still look way off being ready for the season.

No, the weird thing is your absolute refusal to accept anything but gushing praise where grealish is concerned and everything else is deemed an "agenda."

Grealish needed an Oscar Bobb pre-season as much as anybody not named kalvin phillips, many, many people said that all summer, nobody in their right mind would say Grealish has had that, yet me saying that is an agenda?

I have absolutely no agenda against Grealish or anyone. He's a beloved city player, one of the most likeable in the squad, I want to see him and indeed every player all smash it every time they play for city, doesn't mean I'll pretend that's the case when it clearly isn't.

Feel free to block me if you wish, it's been well established you clearly aren't a city fan, you're a fan of one player who happens to play for City, you never have anything to say on anything city unless it's related to Grealish. You probably still think he had a stellar season last year don't you?

Didn't say he was poor, I said disappointing. To me, theres a world of difference between the two, nobody was poor. I'm looking at Oscar Bobbs displays on the opposite flank, that's the level I was expecting grealish to be at on this tour.

As the senior player in the squad who had an unexpected summer off, come back early, looked physically fit from the very first game, all positives and I was expecting him to be the standout man on tour and go on to be the man we look to carry the rest of the first team through the slow start to the season we will inevitably see but that hasn't been the case so far, that's been Bobb and that's what is disappointing.
I have similar high expectations in him as you seem to have but sadly nothing is going to change so quickly about Jack. I was impressed by his game vs Barca - not only for his great goal (finally!!) - but last night was a step back and he looked to be a bit disappointed as well, IMO.

Anyway, he surely stays and together with Doku can be a valuable pairing on LW depending on opponent and situation offering different qualities.

I feel Jack has a red line of slow decision making, it's in his personality. As soon as he crosses that line and acts quicker he gets very dangerous. He has to cross that line and believe in his strengths instead of fearing the mistake (which are explicitly allowed by Pep in the final third!).

In the post match presser there was a journo from Ghana who said we had a big following there and he was privileged to attend the game. If he was sent from Ghana that is a big clue that we are growing in W. Africa. Very promising, there are some good players in that part of the world. I think Arsenal have been big there but we are obviously progressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.