Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

Big difference between starting and getting minutes, I think. I can't imagine any of the last three being in the starting line-up (depends on injuries, obviously). Rico and Oscar could definitely get fifteen, twenty minutes, though. Good as he appears to be, I think Nico will have to wait. Or go on loan.
Stating what is obvious, all of those matches were friendlies. You can only take so much from them. PL is different gravy, to quote a favourite Argentine saying.
I suppose I should have clarified; I meant the squad (starting XI, and the bench).

Ditto. Think Sterling criminally underappreciated and underrated for what he did for City. We wont see many score more goals for us than he did.

Odd one, as even at his peak for us, he didn't really get the love from us fans as many who did a lot less do/did.

City legend for me.
I've never got that vibe from City supporters I speak to.
As is mentioned elsewhere though there is a "what if". I think he was fantastic for us, and it certainly took balls to make the move he did to us, seems to still have a decent relationship with Pep.
Just a "casualty" of wanting more minutes (or perhaps a different role) and it seems when that happens, if we get an acceptable offer, we're happy to allow players to move on.
Edit: which will make Alvarez an interesting case this summer

I've never got that vibe from City supporters I speak to.
As is mentioned elsewhere though there is a "what if". I think he was fantastic for us, and it certainly took balls to make the move he did to us, seems to still have a decent relationship with Pep.
Just a "casualty" of wanting more minutes (or perhaps a different role) and it seems when that happens, if we get an acceptable offer, we're happy to allow players to move on.
Edit: which will make Alvarez an interesting case this summer
He was past his best and stale as proven by subsequent events at Chavs & England !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.