Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

he was always a player i felt only really cared about himself. Massive ego.
I don't think it was ego with Sterling. People say the fans didn't show him much love but I think that worked both ways with him, either here or at the dippers and Chelsea, he never seemed to particularly care for any club or what the fans thought of him. He comes across as a bit of an oddity and a cold fish really.

I don't think it was ego with Sterling. People say the fans didn't show him much love but I think that worked both ways with him, either here or at the dippers and Chelsea, he never seemed to particularly care for any club or what the fans thought of him. He comes across as a bit of an oddity and a cold fish really.
I think, for some strange reason, he was perceived by City fans as a money-grabber or mercenary, but I never thought that.

I loved Raheem, and I really couldn’t believe that he was joining us from Littlewoods. When he first announced that he wanted to leave Klanfield, I jokingly said to Mrs Vienna, "I doubt he’ll be coming here". How wrong I was.

The forward line of Sterling, de Bruyne, Agüero, Silva and Sané was exciting, and something we hadn’t seen in English football for two generations, and the days of Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young and Coleman.

Raheem was brilliant, and the more he worked with Pep, the better he became.

It’s a shame his time at City ended as it did, but nothing lasts for ever and it was the right time to part ways.

Remember his last game for us at Chelsea he came on as a sub, think we won it near the end and instead of celebrating with the rest of the team he was down the tunnel sharpish - he either wasn't happy being a sub or had made his mind up to leave or both
He wasn’t at all happy being a sub but his turn of speed and cross for Gundog v Villa stirred a monster & dug us out of an enormous hole and for that alone I will be eternally grateful to him

Bobb has been class and is ready to start games. His intelligence and movement and skill make him so hard to defend.

JWE was superb, but didn't have the best tour otherwise.

McAtee needs to get on the ball more. Two assists tonight, but would like to see him more involved. He will benefit from time with the squad and hopefully grow into it as.the season progresses.

Most of the other young players still look a year or so off getting much time. O'Reilly seems to be well liked, but needs to get consistency in his game and not try to hard to impress. Easier said than done on a pre-season tour where you want to impress! I'm sure.in a competitive game most of the lads do a job for the team.

So many to come back in, the future is bright and whether they make it with us or not some of them will be having excellent careers.
If they don’t make it with us, they will make money for us. We are such cheats, running a great academy. The PL should create a rule against it.

I enjoyed the game and thought we played really well until the mass changes.

Jack had another good game and i thought he was the first half motm, I thought he was brilliant at times and turned James all ways up, a few times. He needs to keeps playing like that.

Erling's a Beast and his finishing was lethal.

I thought Josko looked good and was the leader of the defence.

Oscar is going to be a great player, he's always looking for the ball and his control of the ball is top class. His goal was superb.

Rico being Rico, in your face hustle and great on the ball.

McAtee is going to be a great addition to the squad.
I like his game, he's strong on the ball, is always working and can pick a pass. He's going to get better as the season goes on.

I can see why Pep likes Nico O'Reilly, he looked very composed in the first half and another who looks good on the ball.

I would keep all those lads with the squad this season and i would try and keep C. Doyle around too, we need another defender so why not him.

I really liked the look of Tomas Galvez too, could he be the one to solve our leftback connundrem!

Some of the other lads did alright and this tour was great for all of them. It was good to see how these youngsters developed and the future of our club looks rosy.
If Gálvez looks like a decent left back, we should sell him. Remember, City don’t do left backs.

I really hope he finds his feet with us in his new position, feel sorry for the lad that it just hasn't happened with us....yet!

I remember pep converting Mascherano into a centre half at Barca.

Fingers crossed.
How many CBs do we need?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.