Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

What a great video clip! Even the colors are perfect…so mid-century.

That’s Dick Van Dyke’s brother with the wobbly knees when they get on the dance floor!

Seemed such a cleaner, brighter, simpler, more fun time back then!

Now, before the DEI-Racism Police jump on me, I realize the whitewashed nature of the party, but that’s for another time!

I really hope he finds his feet with us in his new position, feel sorry for the lad that it just hasn't happened with us....yet!

I remember pep converting Mascherano into a centre half at Barca.

Fingers crossed.
If we are going to play 3 at the back, there might be a slot alongside the CB & Rodri for him to slide in and out, just as we have used Stones. Maybe he could do that when Stones is injured? Might get him 10-15 games per season.

Hard hat on for incoming from @Eccles Blue!

I think, for some strange reason, he was perceived by City fans as a money-grabber or mercenary, but I never thought that.

I loved Raheem, and I really couldn’t believe that he was joining us from Littlewoods. When he first announced that he wanted to leave Klanfield, I jokingly said to Mrs Vienna, "I doubt he’ll be coming here". How wrong I was.

The forward line of Sterling, de Bruyne, Agüero, Silva and Sané was exciting, and something we hadn’t seen in English football for two generations, and the days of Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young and Coleman.

Raheem was brilliant, and the more he worked with Pep, the better he became.

It’s a shame his time at City ended as it did, but nothing lasts for ever and it was the right time to part ways.
Agree. I respected him. Still don't like seeing Raz as a Chav, similarly Leroy with the German Rags, and don't get me started on Gundog at Barca.....

He wasn’t at all happy being a sub but his turn of speed and cross for Gundog v Villa stirred a monster & dug us out of an enormous hole and for that alone I will be eternally grateful to him
Also avoided the mother of all wankfests over the Scousers, Gerrard and Coutinho. Dont think i would have survived the summer.

I think, for some strange reason, he was perceived by City fans as a money-grabber or mercenary, but I never thought that.

I loved Raheem, and I really couldn’t believe that he was joining us from Littlewoods. When he first announced that he wanted to leave Klanfield, I jokingly said to Mrs Vienna, "I doubt he’ll be coming here". How wrong I was.

The forward line of Sterling, de Bruyne, Agüero, Silva and Sané was exciting, and something we hadn’t seen in English football for two generations, and the days of Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young and Coleman.

Raheem was brilliant, and the more he worked with Pep, the better he became.

It’s a shame his time at City ended as it did, but nothing lasts for ever and it was the right time to part ways.
The amount of booing and abuse he received simply for leaving the cult was staggering which spread to every stadium.
Fcukin dippers for you.

I’m trying to recall an ex City player we booed on his return, we’re not the same as dippers.
Raheem was getting booed by some when he got subbed at the Etihad.
Thankfully the fans gave him a standing ovation quickly after.
Milner gets it as well.He was never one of my favourites anyway but I never abused him.I just stay silent with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.