Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

Well once again that was very fun indeed.

Phillips was great, crisp passing and some quality interceptions. It shows there is a player ready to come out. If he goes then so be it, but glimpses of class.

The young boys have to be part of the squad, give me Mcatee and bobb getting more minutes than a shiny new signing. James, Oscar snd O’Rilley all do look ready and can add something. The way they move, glide and caress the ball is a joy to watch.

The left back Josh also really seemed to step up this game, some neat passing and he’s a powerful lad.

Rico is ready, for the people doubting him I reckon before the season is out but he’ll have nailed down that hybrid role for himself.

The senior lads all got more minutes and showing form too.

This season is going to be a belter!
Kalvin must have kicked the ball our 6 or 7 times...for a midfielder absolutely shamefull...

Fun first 60 minutes. O'Reilly, McAtee, Bobb and Rico all look like they can be useful squad members at the very least. Haaland hitting a nice vein of finishing form aswell. Defence should improve when personnel return.

I'd say O'Reilly and McAtee looking respectable options for starting in the earlier League Cup games. At least possibles. As an outsider, Wilson-Esbrand.
Bobb is already beyond all of that in my view. On the basis of what he's shown on this tour and previous to it, he's knocking firmly at the door of the first team squad for PL games, with minutes in them from time to time.

If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be seriously worried.
Right. I need my beauty sleep.

Only managed to catch the last 20 mins or so due to work.

First off looked a freaking awful pitch, don’t they have a decent mower?

Can we loan out Stan Gibson and his fork?

As others have said the Academy players were amazing.

The future is bright. The future is Blue.

I thought it was an excellent run-out for the lads.

There were several very good individual performances, including Stefan, Rico, Kalvin, JWE, Jack, Oscar and Erling.

We made a great start, and maintained it throughout the game.

Erling and Oscar took the goals very well, and we were clearly the better side.

The injuries to Josh and Rico are disappointing; let’s hope they’re not serious.

All in all, a great conclusion to a very good tout. Pep will have learnt a lot about the Academy graduates he took, and the senior members of the squad will have benefited from the game time they had.

Let's hope that Rico's injury is just a knock. Good pre-season, Bobb showed he is ready to make RW his, and McAtee with some glimpses he might be more than just early cup games starter. He still needs to be more involved, but the few times he is, he shows good decision-making.

People will overreact with Wilson- Esbrand or Nico, but they are still really far from being PL quality. Nico might make the leap eventually, but definitely not this season.

If we can integrate Bob and Rico as important squad members (the amount of minutes of a Kovacic or Doku or Grealish), then this pre-season was brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.