Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

How many times did he lose the ball or just kick it out of touch ?
Look mate i want him to succeed but hes poor .
He wasn’t prime Reuben Dias.. but he’s a midfielder with zero confidence playing in an unfamiliar position against top players. Thought he made some excellent blocks and interceptions and his positional play was almost faultless

Not heard what pep said but I bet he was glowing in his praise and he knows a thousand times more about football than me or you will ever know

He wasn’t prime Reuben Dias.. but he’s a midfielder with zero confidence playing in an unfamiliar position against top players. Thought he made some excellent blocks and interceptions and his positional play was almost faultless

Not heard what pep said but I bet he was glowing in his praise and he knows a thousand times more about football than me or you will ever know
But his weakest part was his distribution, really poor.

How many times did he lose the ball or just kick it out of touch ?
Look mate i want him to succeed but hes poor .
He lost the ball on two occasions. One was after a challenge, one was a mistake. The rest of the time he was making countless passes, including quite a few of those long range passes like we saw in the other game as well.

He lost the ball on two occasions. One was after a challenge, one was a mistake. The rest of the time he was making countless passes, including quite a few of those long range passes like we saw in the other game as well.

Some people need to acknowledge more about his positives contribution in the match rather than focusing more about his negative. Look, he still have very slim chances to make the final cuts of our squads, why some people is afraid that he somehow have chances to make it is beyond me.

At the end of the day that's on Pep final decision, if he thinks Philips will do fine job as CB in final squad for the season then he will do it regardless what anyone in here might feels about it.

Last edited:
He's fine when given all the time in the world, but makes mistake after mistake at any sign of pressure.

He's fine when given all the time in the world, but makes mistake after mistake at any sign of pressure.
He didn't have all the time in the world in the last two games, did he?

That might have been true in games gone by, as a midfielder, but we have to give more precedence to the more recent games, where that's not been the case. The positional change suits him, and he's had a great pre-season. If this was an experiment as it looks like, then you'd have to call it a successful one.

You can get them as long as 2.35, which I'm pretty sure is longer than they've ever been under Pep bar his first season. This is probably to be expected when you're trying to do it for the fifth season in a row.
Thanks, the odds are not out here in any of the local bookmakers. I usually wait until after the first international break. We generally have played so-so in our.matches up until then and our odds go up from before the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.