Manchester City v Dynamo Kiev - Second Leg.

I think City can do it tomorrow. We need good performances from Tevez, Silva and Yaya to get the goals we need. Just as important we need Kompany, De Jong and Lescott to be at their best as a goal for Kiev will finish us off. If they all play well we will do it.

I must admit I thought the same thing last time against Hamburg! There is a similar feeling about it.

Also, how annoying is the 6 o'clock kick off time! Gonna be a struggle to make it after work!

Here's my Team

Hart

Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov

De Jong, Yaya, Barry

Silva, Tevez, Balotelli

Check out my match preview at www.letsalldothepoznan.co.uk

As much as I hate to say it, I believe that the very challenging closing games in the league + the FA Cup semi (all the more important given the opposition) put the importance of the Europa in the shade.
From a practical (head not heart) perspective, I feel that it will be better to rest as many of those we need for Sunday as we can and give the young lads and fringe players a run out tomorrow night. If they come good then that's great even if it does introduce another Europa game only a few days before the FA semi and, if that's the case then the young 'uns and fringe players can man-up for that one too.

The Europa is a challenging competition and it serves well to gain some european experience in preparation for a good tilt in the CL next season but we won't be in the CL next season if we flog the arse off our most important players so that they're over-worked, jaded an ineffective.

I'm not saying that we should set out to lose the tie but I am saying that we need to focus on our key aims or we could end up without anything to show. Added thought is that we do need to give a few of the less seen players a chance to shine . . they might just do it!

If this statement I read this morning is true then I am frankly shocked...

"I think we were caught by surprise last week," the defender Vincent Kompany said. "None of us expected Dynamo to be such a good team..."

Anybody with an ounce of football knowledge should have known the strenth of the Dynamo Kiev team. They qualified for the Champions League (for the umpteenth time), are going very well in their national league and just thumped mighty Besiktas of Turkey 8-1 on aggregate. Why do we never seem to take opposition teams seriously?

I saw that as well and I agree

If its true then it is down to poor preparation by manager and players

Seems like tev will be rested tonight...will he go for Mario up top on his own or will it be Mario and dzeko?

Think it also means if he is resting tev that we will go with one up top vs chelski (gong for a draw there it seems)

letsalldothepoznan.co.uk said:
I think City can do it tomorrow. We need good performances from Tevez, Silva and Yaya to get the goals we need. Just as important we need Kompany, De Jong and Lescott to be at their best as a goal for Kiev will finish us off. If they all play well we will do it.

I must admit I thought the same thing last time against Hamburg! There is a similar feeling about it.

Also, how annoying is the 6 o'clock kick off time! Gonna be a struggle to make it after work!

Here's my Team

Hart

Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov

De Jong, Yaya, Barry

Silva, Tevez, Balotelli

Check out my match preview at www.letsalldothepoznan.co.uk

Not a bad read pozzie. 6pm may be bad but spare a thought for those of us who will be getting up at 3.30am

i was surprise to have heard our dearest Kompany make such a statement,with no disregard for the opponents.is so sad it came out from him who i trusted.we will lose with these kind of comments from players like him.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:28 pm --<br /><br />u knew their strength and weakness and u comeout to say u were surprise by their lead which to me was so shocking from him.

Tonight: Go For It or Risk It

Do we play our full strength with a must not lose game on sunday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.