Manchester City v Gillingham 2nd Division Play Off Final 1999 23 Years Today.

Things could of worked out so differently & Not only do we have one of the most loyal & passionate mainly local fan bases Our fans remember only to well supporting the club through the darker eras & Is why the majority of our fan base remain humble & grounded never take anything for granted & truly appreciate cherish & saviour any success we share in
And it's a doddle when adversity comes along and tries to bite yer arse - we can cope. I think Kipling wrote his 'IF' with us in mind. We can handle 'those two impostors' like no other club!

One favourite memory of the day was singing "you can stick your fucking treble up your arse....sideways" after we'd won. The rags had won the European Cup a few days earlier.
Remember that being sung outside Wembley rail station after the match. It had poured down earlier, got soaked. Left at 0-2 down and learned not to do that again.

Watched it in a pub in Inverness, with a friend who was a Gills fan. Stormed out of pub at 2-0, came back in in time to see Dickovs goal. The rest of night is a blur.

Remember that being sung outside Wembley rail station after the match. It had poured down earlier, got soaked. Left at 0-2 down and learned not to do that again.
I left at 2 nil down as well but managed to get back in for extra time and pens. Taught me not to leave early, without that I don't think I'd have seen the Aguerooooooo moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.