Manchester City v Manchester United - Official Match Thread

bellamy took a risk by making the pass but that's ok in my book. I agree that Ireland and SWP were the guilty parties, neither tracked back properly, really have to laugh at stevie pretending it was someone else's job to be on scholes. not right. hopefully he will just laugh at his own mistake, but that's now two derby games he's failed to do his job in the last minute! nedum also should have got closer. but really that's what I've known all season, we lack a bit of nous, are liable to switch off at the very end. it's not in our DNA.... yet. it's very sad to say this but it always seems to be the academy lads who are at fault. to be fair a few of the experienced premiership boys seem to lack a bit of nous as well. more generally I was hugely disappointed by tevez.

personally, at the time, I was puzzled by Mancini's subs but they all appeared to have worked perfectly. AJ was creating but either he or bellamy would have had to come off. that change actually turned the game around for us, because nani was attacking time after time down the left. as soon as viera came on he didn't attack for another 20 minutes. and we started to win the midfield. shaun came on and pinned evra back.... ndj had become superfluous so the swap for ireland was obvious. the only thing was that tevez was lethargic the whole game through, have to think I would have preferred Ade up front, if only for set-pieces. if I am going to criticise him, it's that two of the players he brought on were always liable, IMO, to switch off.

still can't get too upset, because nothing new happened. I thought we were past that stage but I guess lessons still have to be learned. or maybe just move some players on in the summer. even if tottenham win tonight (doubt it somehow), if we match their results from now on, and beat them at COMS, fourth is ours.

baldybouncer said:
I fuckin hate football!!

THIS!!!!<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:30 am --<br /><br />Just to clarify: This was the only thing that could make my day better. I am going to have an absolute shitter of a day (not because of the match), and was hoping this could lift me up a bit.

I have the patience and understand where we are and what has been accomplished already.

As stated, was just looking for a pick-me-up. My next 10 hours are going to be fucking horrible (again, not because of the match).

Just didn't want people to think I was blowing the whole thing out of proportion.

Ireland really aint up to it. A draw would have been a fair result today.

One crumb from today might be that at least Rags will be up for it and really want to beat Spurs next week cos they're now still in the title race.

We really do need Chelsea to do the business tonight

Gutted about today, but it is not the end of the world. I like Mancini, but struggle to understand why we sat back for most of the game. After the last two games, we had a lot of momentum going forward, especially with Bellers, Tev and Ade on fire - why change tactics because we were playing the rags?

I cannot believe it.

Hate it, not even sex with jessica alba could cheer me up right now

Well, maybe it would

For half hour, or a few minutes haha

Guys come on its still in our hands, spurs win tonight we still get 4th if we win / get points from all our remaining game. spurs at coms, where we have to WIN, may play like we did last week unlike today where we were so anxious.

so gutting, does anyone actually know a rag fan from manchester because i sure as hell dont!!

season aint over...

Mancini was probably aiming for a draw,

Fingers crossed that chelsea beat spurs :)

(Im new to the forum btw hence the low number of posts and I've just started to like footie and thought I'd support my local team, i love the city of manchester & man city xD)

Brings Vieira on ffs.So then we're hanging on even more than we were.Well in Mancini.

Shows you how far off we are to those cunts tbh.We looked like the away team today.We played for a draw and Gareth Barry is a fucking joke.His dive was the best effort he put in.What a bag of shite he is.

De Jong is so limited it's untrue too.And, at times, and against decent centre backs, Adebayor looks like a donkey.We're flat track bullies.

Big changes needed.I just hope Benitez still wants Barry.

BeatingBarca said:
Brings Vieira on ffs.So then we're hanging on even more than we were.Well in Mancini.

Shows you how far off we are to those ***** tbh.We looked like the away team today.We played for a draw and Gareth Barry is a fucking joke.His dive was the best effort he put in.What a bag of shite he is.

De Jong is so limited it's untrue too.And, at times, and against decent centre backs, Adebayor looks like a donkey.We're flat track bullies.

Big changes needed.I just hope Benitez still wants Barry.
Wow, hope your relatives have locked away all the knives and tablets!

Not read any of this thread as its probably full of over-reactive rubbish. All I can say is that Tevez had one of his worse games all season and we missed the hustle of Zabaleta, who would have been a better sub than Vieira or Ireland today. Otherwise, a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result.

Was Bellamy yelling @ Mancini?

Was there a line argument between bellamy and Roberto when A Johnson was leaving the pitch? As if bellamy wasn’t happy with the substitution decision ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.