Manchester City v Portsmouth| 31st |Official Matchday Thread

The 'pundits' are annoying cunts, harsh to say Pompey should be ahead FFS, they've only had one decent opportunity and didnt take it. Would like to see City ram it down the critics throats this half.

I should've known better. There I was thinking that we would put on a great show after Weds only to be let down again by a typical City performance. Never seen us pass as bad this season, it looks like the nerves are back again. Our movement is awful and we're miles apart from one another hence the long ball stuff. It does my head in it really does. Pompey deserve better football's a cruel game and for once I'm glad. Here's looking forward to a better 2nd half.

Who are these knobs at the BBC? Portsmouth deserve to be ahead? Oh yeah, from a deflected shot, their only chance in the half. I know we've been poor, but we've controlled the game and looked more dangerous. Morons.

i agree with redknapp! we looked pretty unbalanced for the first 30 odd minutes but shaped better after.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Omiclops said:
BBC reckon they deserve to be ahead. That's just bullshit. We've played well just with no end product. They had one chance and hit the bar. We've had two and scored two. Seperates a good team from a relegation-troubled team.

If that was playing well...... I don't know what to say apart from that 45 minutes of football from City was mostly dire. Great to be 2 up and as I think Pratt said these are very important games to win when you are not playing well and we sure as hell are not playing well. Very strange set up from Mancini which I guess he will tweak in the 2nd half

Good job it's only Pompey.

And yes Pratt is a real pain but most of what he has said is about right.

Yes i agree with Nelly, there is no doubt in my mind that we have been playing very poorly- to think to the contrary would be daft.

citymad said:
I should've known better. There I was thinking that we would put on a great show after Weds only to be let down again by a typical City performance. Never seen us pass as bad this season, it looks like the nerves are back again. Our movement is awful and we're miles apart from one another hence the long ball stuff. It does my head in it really does. Pompey deserve better football's a cruel game and for once I'm glad. Here's looking forward to a better 2nd half.

After the intensity of the derby this is what I expected to be honest. Let's just take the points and move on.

Always gonna be a bit flat this.

Aussie! said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
If that was playing well...... I don't know what to say apart from that 45 minutes of football from City was mostly dire. Great to be 2 up and as I think Pratt said these are very important games to win when you are not playing well and we sure as hell are not playing well. Very strange set up from Mancini which I guess he will tweak in the 2nd half

Good job it's only Pompey.

And yes Pratt is a real pain but most of what he has said is about right.

Yes i agree with Nelly, there is no doubt in my mind that we have been playing very poorly- to think to the contrary would be daft.

mancini seems to want the full backs to push forward alot with the balance of the team but my problem is we dont have the quality fullbacks to do this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.