Manchester City V Spurs. FA Cup Quarter Final. Riot on pitch

mackenzie said:
Sky Blue said:
Yes, one lad did if I remember correctly. Grim day that.

Jimmy Wagg once said "Piece it back together and find the ST holder. He doesn't get off THAT easily." ;-)

Had one of my lads with me at the game. I am surprised he stuck with us considering some of the shite I dragged him along to watch.

Sky Blue said:
mackenzie said:
Jimmy Wagg once said "Piece it back together and find the ST holder. He doesn't get off THAT easily." ;-)

Had one of my lads with me at the game. I am surprised he stuck with us considering some of the shite I dragged him along to watch.

Do you remember someone from City (one of the major shareholders, but can't remember his name now) going on GMR after the Bury match and having a right old rant?

Was pretty unprecedented for its time.

He wasn't happy.

Apart from the score my lasting memory of this game was that it was the first time in my new seat in the Umbro stand (moved my season ticket from the north stand),I sat there before the game started,started reading the programme and suddenly saw my picture of my 2 sons in it on the fans page,so proud and still have it to this day.They are now 18 & 20 but still as fanatical as I am,brilliant.

Was it really 17 years ago. Official attendance was only 23,000, looks like there was loads more there.

mackenzie said:
Sky Blue said:

Do you remember someone from City (one of the major shareholders, but can't remember his name now) going on GMR after the Bury match and having a right old rant?

He wasn't happy.

David Makin I think. The beginning of the end for Franny.

mackenzie said:
Sky Blue said:

He wasn't happy.

Yes it was David Makin - he wasnt a shareholder at the time but someone who was part of a group preparing a takeover bid. And he was spot on, pretty much articulating most City fans' views.

Got to say the Bury game was the lowest point for me.

BL2blue said:
mackenzie said:

He wasn't happy.

Yes it was David Makin - he wasnt a shareholder at the time but someone who was part of a group preparing a takeover bid. And he was spot on, pretty much articulating most City fans' views.

Got to say the Bury game was the lowest point for me.

That's the guy (thanks for that). He was well peed off wasn't he? Pretty much said what the rest of us wanted to say though, and it was one of those moments when you just took a sharp intake of breath and listened intently.

I see from your location you are near Bury? When you live here and saw us getting beat by them (in a league match) it really brought home how low we had sunk.

Seems like yesterday. Changed seats for whatever reason for this game and ended up right next to the away end (the whole of the North Stand for that game). Bunch of tossers giving it the "loads of money" and have never had any time for them as a whole since, even though I've got in-laws (who'll be putting us up for the Arsenal game) and had a nice hour after the game with two lovely sisters at WHL in The Victoria (?) before xmas.

BL2blue said:
..bang..like an arrow. said:
I was at this game..when it went 2-1 to them before half-time we all sort of knew it was over..we just deflated.Spuds singing and us (again) just stood there.This was our last chance of any success that season coz we were about 9th in the league.With the rags going for the league, EVERYONE was just fed up.This was the begining of the end for us in the 1990's,we never recoverd from this...SO 17 years later and it looks like spuds are gonna get in our way again,but we live in a totally differnt world now, as we have money to compete..started today at Fulham...

Couldn't have put it better mate.

Cheers pal...really good win today...
Looking forward to the 5th May...

Danny Hoekman said:
Seems like yesterday. Changed seats for whatever reason for this game and ended up right next to the away end (the whole of the North Stand for that game). Bunch of tossers giving it the "loads of money" and have never had any time for them as a whole since, even though I've got in-laws (who'll be putting us up for the Arsenal game) and had a nice hour after the game with two lovely sisters at WHL in The Victoria (?) before xmas.

I remember that-it's one of the reason I loathe spurs fans almost as much as the rags.Sure,they were winning and had every right to be up for it-but it's just the way they did it-an undefinable "something."
They just have a certain "manner" and supreme arrogance about them that really grates on me....I used to put it down to the North/South thing but in my experience Fulham,West Ham etc certainly aren't like that.
Even Arse/Chelsea fans aren't as bad-and at least they've got titles to back up the boasting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.