Manchester City V West Ham (2nd Leg) Pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
No kids from West Ham it looks like:

At least it will provide West Ham with some relief from their torrid league campaign and Sam Allardyce insists he will not select a weakened team against City. "We'll put a team together that tries to play for a bit of pride," he said.
I'll be amazed if he risks his best players, apart from Carroll who he needs to get fit, and the quoted bit doesn't sound like "full team" anyway. He also has to try and attract a crowd.

karen7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
karen7 said:
Chelsea friendlies in the usa
He was really bad
You are kidding. I could play in goal Tuesday and we'd still get to the final.
Do you really think we'd miss out with him in goal?

I wouldn't put it past him to let 7 in
Seriously, he would be ok but i doubt pellers would trust him

You wouldn't put it past him to let 7 in but he would be ok? Madness

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
kippaxchris said:
Pantilimon, Richards, Lescott, Boyata, Clichy, Milner, Garcia, Rodwell (if fit), Lopes, Aguero, Dzeko

Jovetic on at half time (if fit) for Aguero or he will start and Aguero will come on for him at half time!

Huws and Wright will make the bench and at a push Rusnak! I would of fancied Nimely for the 18 but not sure after whats happened!

Nimley has as much chance of playing on Tuesday as he does of driving a car anytime soon.

To be fair he made the bench for Dortmund last season and we wasn't short of fit strikers then like we are now, and that was a more important game.

richards30 said:
Pants
Micah
Demi
Lescott
Clichy
Milner
Navas
Lopes
Garcia
Edin
Kun

would be flabbergasted if we picked a side that strong for a game that we have to concede 7 unanswered goals to lose.

irishben said:
Cant see West Ham bothering to play a full strength squad so even with out our best 11, I think we can keep the unbeaten run going, ,Forest hammered their reserves ,

Would this team be possible?

Costel Pantilimon

Dedryck Boyata
Martín Demichelis
Jolean Lescott
Shay Facey

Marcos Lopes
Emyr Huws
Jack Rodwell
James Milner

Stevan Jovetic
Devante Cole

Subs:
Richard Wright
Aleksandar Kolarov
Yaya Toure
Garcia
Negredo
Sergio Agüero
You seem to have 3 centre backs and a right back, pop Clichy in for Demichelis and then the back four would look a little more natural.

Facey-Boyata-Lescott-Clichy

Andouble said:
richards30 said:
Pants
Micah
Demi
Lescott
Clichy
Milner
Navas
Lopes
Garcia
Edin
Kun

would be flabbergasted if we picked a side that strong for a game that we have to concede 7 unanswered goals to lose.

I'd like us to keep the unbeaten run going but I'm not bothered if we only draw. We don't want to risk injuries or red cards for any of our key stars so I'd also like to see us start with more kids like Lopes and Cole for experience and keep the big guns on the bench if the unthinkable happens!!
CTID

Hope we pick a weak side, even with more than one youngster in it. I woudnt care of we lose 4-2 or 4-0.

Would be much more angry with a 1-1 or 3-1 win but lose Agüero, Zab, Vinnie, Fernandinho or Yaya etc with and injury in a useless match like this...

Spurs are on a relax mode until our PL match with them, so 10 days without a match for them. If Pellegrini tries to win WHU/Watford matches with using our top players in both games while Spurs are just relaxing theirs well thats an awful idea even short term and long term too...

Lopes, Huws, Boyata. Surely this is the match thery can expect to start.

Weakest side/most underworked players please - and no one to be risked if they have any niggles.

I'd go

Pantilimon
Richards
Boyata
Lescott
Clichy
Rodwell (Huws if Jack is still bloody injured)
Garcia
Milner
Lopes
Jovetic
Cole?

Kun to get a stint late maybe to increase his match fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.