Manchester City V West Ham (2nd Leg) Pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
LoveCity said:
No kids from West Ham it looks like:

At least it will provide West Ham with some relief from their torrid league campaign and Sam Allardyce insists he will not select a weakened team against City. "We'll put a team together that tries to play for a bit of pride," he said.
I'll be amazed if he risks his best players, apart from Carroll who he needs to get fit, and the quoted bit doesn't sound like "full team" anyway. He also has to try and attract a crowd.

Just mind games from Allardyce. His priority is obviously now to avoid relegation at all costs. He will not field his strongest team, it'd be downright irresponsible.
On the face of it, this is the game that we're most likely to lose, and can obviously afford to lose. However. I would argue that we should aim at winning this one as well. We're on a roll, and we're building up in the players' minds a feeling of invincibility (or rather they are! I have to remind myself often that I'm not actually out on the pitch, even though I feel knackered at the end of every match, cos I've been playing for all eleven players, obviously…) . Whatever the tournament, if you keep on winning, it has a knock-on psychological effect for your next match. And the one after that. Keep this roll going, I say, for the psychological value of it.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Plaything of the gods said:
blinkblue said:
Why are people putting Boyata in their team ahead of Nastasic?
Last chance. Anyway, Boyata is right-sided. If he doesn't impress, hopefully he can be loaned out or sold before end of January. Nasty can play Saturday in a more important game.

he's had enough chances, and getting sent off at Championship Blackburn was game over for him
I'll amend that then. If he impresses, hopefully he can be loaned out or sold before end of January. Anyway, I would rather him play than risk Nasty in what should be a dead rubber.

Is it wrong to say I don't care about this match? I felt the same about Bayern away as I expected us to get a hammering and only went for a holiday.

r.soleofsalford said:
Kun Aguero said:
Is it wrong to say I don't care about this match? I felt the same about Bayern away as I expected us to get a hammering and only went for a holiday.

i hope we play decent as i`m going and dont want to watch shit,

yes, i`m now spoilt

As long as we don't lose 7-0 I don't care. I feel sorry for people who will have took the day off work to see West Ham under 14's V Manchester City embryo's. Non event.

Kun Aguero said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Kun Aguero said:

i hope we play decent as i`m going and dont want to watch shit,

yes, i`m now spoilt

As long as we don't lose 7-0 I don't care. I feel sorry for people who will have took the day off work to see West Ham under 14's V Manchester City embryo's. Non event.

in future years i can wear tuesday game like york away as a badge of honour

I expect us to field a pretty strong team - all the squad players are going to be important in the Premier League run-in and need game time to stay sharp and motivated.
Plus winning is a habit that we need to ride as long as possible.

NoahCity said:
blinkblue said:
____________Pantillimon

Richards__Lescott__Nastasic__Clichy

_________Rodwell__Garcia

_Lopes_______Jovetic_______Milner

_____________Negredo
Negredo has looked a bit tired recently. Dzeko is on great form so he should stay in for me.

I'd start Dzeko as he is most likely to give way to Aguero in forthcoming league games.

Not sure if either Rodwell or Jovetic will be ready to start (they may both get time from bench) but it would be good if they can start.

City need to make sure that there are no scares in this one and we need to build the impression that we are an unstoppable juggernaut and go there and notch another win. Also we have good senior players who will want or need game time. Best way to practice our style of play is in real games.

Players like Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Zab need to be rested.

Just can't see West ham scoring 7 goals without us getting at least 1 in reply. If I am right, away goals count double after extra time. So if we score just 1 West Ham would have to score 8. Can someone confirm if I am right about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.