Manchester City vs. AC Milan Post-Match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Bayern winning 2-0 so it's them in the final. Sao Paulo are really poor so Bayern will get a real test tomorrow. :)

I wouldn't mind that sha...that erm shaq.....that swiss lad. He stood out for Bayern, to think liverpool are after him!

LoveCity said:
Bayern winning 2-0 so it's them in the final. Sao Paulo are really poor so Bayern will get a real test tomorrow. :)
Sao paulo are very hard working and strong defensively though.

I thought they did OK. Keeper had a pen saved right at the end.

All Bayern but Bayern keep the ball so well, and work so hard, it's very difficult to hurt them. If we go and try and attack them as I think we will, we might end up getting beat up

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
Sao paulo are very hard working and strong defensively though.

I thought they did OK. Keeper had a pen saved right at the end.

All Bayern but Bayern keep the ball so well, and work so hard, it's very difficult to hurt them. If we go and try and attack them as I think we will, we might end up getting beat up

I doubt if anyone really expects us to beat Bayern on their turf , even in a friendly , so i'm not expecting much from the game ........ it should provide us with a stiff workout though !

11kbms8.jpg
2vmekhs.jpg

BlueDejong said:
We must sell Barry, Lescott, Garcia. They're really shit.

But great win. Jovetic is genius.

Lescott is not shit.

Fernandinho or YaYa, whoever plays defensive midfield will have to be much more disciplined when the season starts, IMHO.

celf said:
hart 6/10.....could do nothing about the goals,a couple of decent stops after the break
micah 8/10....great to see him back,could have had 2
kolarov 6/10...great going forward,switched off totally for their 2nd and 3rd goals
lescott 3/10... all over the show,woeful
garcia 3/10.... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yaya 7/10....dictated play from deep,tired at the 70 min mark
fernandinho 7/10....hard to judge as im not familiar with him,but busy,neat and tidy
silva 8/10....milan didn't get near him,we look short of fluidity without him

navas 8/10....direct and set up 2,great ball retention
dzeko 9/10....led the line well,2 well taken goals,looks reborn
jovetic 9/10....dropped into holes,very busy, more to come from him

pick of the rest.....negredo 7/10 showed some nice touches,put himself about,unlucky not to bag.

He is.

Said as much in his post-game interview. "I feel different, better, manager gives me confidence". So far Pellegrini is the perfect manager for him. Four goals in last three games, two of them world class goals. And two man of the match awards in a row.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/2013/City-v-Milan-Edin-Dzeko-post-match-interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews ... -interview</a>

I think we will thump Bayern. Sao Paolo worked their starters really hard. They must be knackered.

We had the luxury of getting a goal buffer to allow early mass substitutions.

Jumanji said:
I think we will thump Bayern. Sao Paolo worked their starters really hard. They must be knackered.

We had the luxury of getting a goal buffer to allow early mass substitutions.

If our defence does anything like it did today we will ship at least 5 in the first half.

Zabaleta - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy

That should be our defence.

I just hope Yaya plays after playing 90 today, without him we will not control the midfield, in fact I see it getting tonked.

-------------Hart------------
Zabaleta-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
-------Yaya---Fernandinho-----
Navas--------Silva-------Jovetic
---------Dzeko/Negredo-------

I felt sorry for Negredo second half and would of loved to seen him with the players we had out up front in the first half.

I think we should start him, but does Manuel think we should stick with Edin and keep his confidence flying high?

Trying not to get too giddy about what is essentially a televised training session, but bloody hell we looked exciting for that first 35 minutes.
Jovetic is going to be a favourite here, as is Jesus. Silva looked hungry and Dzeko, blimey Dzeko looks like the player we thought we'd bought originally. Worked hard, led the line, great first touch, linked up well, and his second goal was sublime. Long may it continue.

Defensively very poor but not our regular defence so no point losing sleep over it.

Very exciting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.