Manchester City vs. AC Milan Post-Match Discussion Thread

Garcia shouldn't be a defender, it's too much responsibility for someone with little pace. Lescott wasn't amazing but when played with Vinnie he is just much more at ease and that's when he produces his best.

But considering our first choice back four wouldn't have let goals leak like that, you just have to sit and admire our offensive play. It was literally unbelievable. Fair enough it is pre season and against a young Milan team, but we tore them to shreds. It was quick, short passes and when the time came, the clever one was picked out.

Navas is an absolute star. When people said he was direct, I never imagined it like that. He can just skip by players and leave them for dead. 2 of our goals came from his crosses today and I expect it to be like that all year cause he can put on a tremendous supply for our lads. Jovetic looks very accomplished for someone so young and has lots of potential and he looks a very very good player. All I know is that when picking that team come the 19th, Pellegrini will have a hard time. Not only do we have 4 top quality strikers fighting it out for positions, but we have the wide positions aswell. It's gunna be interesting who he picks but after seeing what we could potentially do, I am very very excited.

Apols if already posted but if you missed this, like me, goal highlights here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-All-goals-5-3-Manchester-City-Vs-AC-Milan-friendly/tabid/415/articleID/307173/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-All-goals- ... fault.aspx</a>

As for cover for Clichy...Zaba?

I reckon Micha will start at RB this year (amazing viven Zaba's season last year, I'd agree!)

shadowyu said:
Jovetic is amazing - so multi-dimensional. He moves well, his passing is amazing, he is quick and above all else he is so mature for his age (cool headed and unselfish). I don't think anyone stated it, though obvious, that he had 2 assists in his first 45 minutes with City. Great work!
#

Didn't everybodies hero Nasri have 3 assists against spurs in his first proper game?

salfordblue-tony2 said:
shadowyu said:
Jovetic is amazing - so multi-dimensional. He moves well, his passing is amazing, he is quick and above all else he is so mature for his age (cool headed and unselfish). I don't think anyone stated it, though obvious, that he had 2 assists in his first 45 minutes with City. Great work!
#Didn't everybodies hero Nasri have 3 assists against spurs in his first proper game?
Nasri looked poor tonight.

But it's crazy how deep our squad is. We're almost getting to the level of having 2 very competitive teams. Our subs alone could make a run for the 4th spot in the EPL.

El Sharaawy got so lucky on his first goal, his mishit that strike. Was wondering why it looked like Hart had been beaten so easily until I saw the replay.

teddykgb said:
El Sharaawy got so lucky on his first goal, his mishit that strike. Was wondering why it looked like Hart had been beaten so easily until I saw the replay.

Yeah, it wasn't a well hit strike at all, I mean, it found the back of the net. But it didn't take the path El Sharaawy wanted it to go. It would be harsh to blame Joe Hart for letting that one, he had the angle perfect for the anticipated shot.

djimaldblue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
i think rodwell looked good when he came on, for a young lad i think he will be a future star for us.

imo we wont have a settled starting 11 the squad is that good
Agreed. Rodwell injury free is a great player.
As long as they all see some action with squad rotation then I think the boss might just keep everybody happy!

It's safe to say that Rodwell's persistent injury was down to; A) a certain dinosaur training methods. B) not giving him enough/extra time to recover and being rushed back. No wonder he suffered four hamstring injury in the space of four months.

Luckily we could afford to bide our time with his recovery, top draw medical team to look after him and a proper training methods.

He looked class today, the lad will be a star.

Didsbury Dave said:
Comrade Buka said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I am getting more and more excited. All the signings look brilliant. Now we have width. Our passing is incredible.

For 35 minutes there we were breathtaking. Not bothered about the rest. You play that back 4 and you will concede goals, and once the second half comes in these games it's just a training exercise.

I think something very special is about to happen.

Funny what a little width and pace can do. Been saying it for two years, haven't we? ;)

Grini looks like he knows what he is doing in comparison.
We certainly have fella. I nearly fell off the settee with excitement when navas did the fullback and put that cross in for the first goal. I rang my dad up and shouted "two years we've been waiting for that!!!!!"

I think we are going to win the league and make a big mark in Europe this year.

Good times ahead methinks. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.