Manchester City vs. AC Milan Post-Match Discussion Thread

teddykgb said:
El Sharaawy got so lucky on his first goal, his mishit that strike. Was wondering why it looked like Hart had been beaten so easily until I saw the replay.

He was a right fuckin' nuisance while he was on though , and i was glad when he was taken off ....

he looks to be a good player , he's done well for them , and you can see why he was reportedly a City target.

black mamba said:
teddykgb said:
El Sharaawy got so lucky on his first goal, his mishit that strike. Was wondering why it looked like Hart had been beaten so easily until I saw the replay.

He was a right fuckin' nuisance while he was on though , and i was glad when he was taken off ....

he looks to be a good player , he's done well for them , and you can see why he was reportedly a City target.

Yeah I didn't intend any slight on the player. He's feisty and and dangerous, you can see why any team would want him. He just got shit lucky that that ball went in :)

thenabster said:
But it's crazy how deep our squad is. We're almost getting to the level of having 2 very competitive teams. Our subs alone could make a run for the 4th spot in the EPL.

Whilst I agree to a certain extent, you could see we struggled massively when we took off Silva, Navas, Jovetic and Fernandinho.

I would like us to get a replacement for Sinclair, another nice tricky winger if possible, maybe a right sided winger who we can invert and get him scoring goals.

defence for me needs better strength in depth, Clichy needs a good backup and I think both Nastasic and Kompany need good backups, but if we can get one then I suppose we could be OK.

In terms of the PL, our midfield is decent in depth.

In terms of the CL, outside Yaya and Fernandinho I don't see anybody who can step up to make the difference, Rodwell maybe, but Barry and Garcia are not cut out for that level of oppostion in my opinion.

Overall If I was to complete the squad I would get another winger to replace Sinclair, a back up center half, a left back and a midfielder to maybe replace Barry.

sam-caddick said:
thenabster said:
But it's crazy how deep our squad is. We're almost getting to the level of having 2 very competitive teams. Our subs alone could make a run for the 4th spot in the EPL.

Whilst I agree to a certain extent, you could see we struggled massively when we took off Silva, Navas, Jovetic and Fernandinho.

I would like us to get a replacement for Sinclair, another nice tricky winger if possible, maybe a right sided winger who we can invert and get him scoring goals.

defence for me needs better strength in depth, Clichy needs a good backup and I think both Nastasic and Kompany need good backups, but if we can get one then I suppose we could be OK.

In terms of the CL, outside Yaya and Fernandinho I don't see anybody who can step up to make the difference, Rodwell maybe, but Barry and Garcia are not cut out for that level of oppostion in my opinion.

Overall If I was to complete the squad I would get another winger to replace Sinclair, a back up center half, a left back and a midfielder to maybe replace Barry.

You want to bring in 8 players in one off season? That seems much.

I

johnmc said:
sam-caddick said:
I wish people would stop saying it's just pre - season.

These games are going to be instrumental in our confidence going into the Champions League, if we beat Bayern tomorrow can you imagine how that will make the team feel, they will feel the can take anybody on.

Shipping three goals like we did was a disgrace, attacking wise we looked world class.

I think we are starting to see who are best players though now.

I would of liked Yaya to be rested a bit, will he play again tomorrow?? If he doesn't we will get tonked in midfield.

Barry looks inferior to Fernandinho at the moment for me as well.

Think thats nonsense to be fair. Pre season friendlies don't replicate meaningful games in personnel, atmosphere, tactics, how they are reffed etc etc.

Do you think Bayern would fear us in the champions league if we dick them tomorrow?

Fear ? No. But if it was a good hard long dicking they would remember it ;)

daxman said:
sam-caddick said:
thenabster said:

You want to bring in 8 players in one off season? That seems much.

I
I agree with that assessment (not sure about players). If there is any area that could be improved, it is those. Our starting XI is pretty great and depth is better than it has been in past seasons. However, on the left wing, Jovetic is who will mots likely play there and Nasri isn't 100% reliable there, in addition, it'd be nice to have more than one wide threat (Navas), so if we could get winger like him but on the left that would be great but I would take someone who cuts in and scores. For LB, it has been well documented Kolarov's problems in defending, only problem is is that I can't really think of anyone we could get that would be willing to play second fiddle to Clichy, so Kolarov will most likely remain. CB I think we can all agree is an area where we need another player, Pepe would be great but there are other options and I'm sure that we will at least rectify this position by window's close. DM is debatable, but if you look beyond Fernandinho and Yaya, the quality of our DMs is questionable. Rodwell is a good talent but injury prone and we're still not sure just how good he is. Barry is on the wane and Garcia has been well documented, sounds like Gustavo might be leaving Munich, he would be perfect and allow Fernandinho and Yaya to fully show their attacking qualities. Honestly I think we will only rectify CB by window's close, but truth is, our squad is pretty incredible and if we get that CB I will be very confident of Kompany lifting the league trophy in May :)

There is no doubt that the new signings are all looking great.

BUT the big problem lies with the centre backs. If Kompany got a long term injury we would be in big trouble. Lescott and Garcia have no pace and that basically leaves only Nastasic.

We need two top class defenders and, if we can do that, I think we would have a fantastic squad.

sam-caddick said:
thenabster said:

TBH I agree with you. If it was up to me, i would sell Sinclair as well and get an upgrade. Get a holding midfielder and a backup CB. A LB if a great deal comes along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.