Manchester City vs Everton pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this bit

I enjoy debating and looking how to improve so we will have to differ on the rest.....I do find these go to remarks (the ones about flapping, panicking etc) from people on here that is directed at anyone who dare suggest that we could do better very amusing . I actually don't take football seriously at all....havent done for about a decade- fifteen years now since I left Manchester and discovered there was more to the world. But i cant shake (and don't want to) the love I have for the club and the absolute fascination I have with he game and how is played....(everything else in football I can take or leave especially everything that has come along with Sky) - there are more important fun things to do and to take time on.
You don't take football seriously, but spend a lot of time commenting on it, and have a an absolute fascination with it? Better the latter.

On the LB question

IMHO
Kolarov may arguably offer more attcking options overall, Clichy is the swifter and more accomplished defender
Teams who have learned from Celtic or Spuds, I suspect will be looking at blitzkrieg attack and Clichy may deal with this better on the basis of their respective talents and the evidence so far

Sorry but that is so wrong...defensively clichy at least gets close to his man.....kolorov is a fraud defensively..They guy is a huge weak link and always has been

Clichy is a better than Kolorov,

Pep like his predecessors will learn this, and in due time you will see who he turns to in the big games. Kolorov is technically weak thus any pressure and he folds.
this has happened every season since he has joined us.

You don't take football seriously, but spend a lot of time commenting on it, and have a an absolute fascination with it? Better the latter.

Yup..football is a way of life for some....

I completely understand that as it use to be for me but over the last 7-8 years that has hugely changed. I appreciate football for its technicalities, its skill and tactics and its excitement and my love for city has never and will never change, BUT there are other things that are more important to me and that I take more of a personal interest in.

Clichy is a better than Kolorov,

Pep like his predecessors will learn this, and in due time you will see who he turns to in the big games. Kolorov is technically weak thus any pressure and he folds.
this has happened every season since he has joined us.

yup agree fully

Im sure Pep is just putting him int he shop window until he has a chance to get better

yup agree fully

Im sure Pep is just putting him int he shop window until he has a chance to get better

You believe Pep is purposely selecting a weaker option, thus risking important results, just so the richest club in the world may gain a bit more on said player's sale?

You believe Pep is purposely selecting a weaker option, thus risking important results, just so the richest club in the world may gain a bit more on said player's sale?
No..I talking about his comments about him being a great centre half....and his building up of the player on numerous occasions. I do think he is putting him in the shop window and I also believe he wants a better option.....I also think we need a better option. Kolorov was nearly out the door according to the ITK's on here and so I believe Pep is trying to make the most of something that isn't ideal to him....I think he is also trying o build Kolorovs confidence with the same remarks

No..I talking about his comments about him being a great centre half....and his building up of the player on numerous occasions. I do think he is putting him in the shop window and I also believe he wants a better option.....I also think we need a better option. Kolorov was nearly out the door according to the ITK's on here and so I believe Pep is trying to make the most of something that isn't ideal to him....I think he is also trying o build Kolorovs confidence with the same remarks

I get a sense of what you're saying when hearing Pep but what I was touching on is whether you feel Pep sees Kolarov as a weaker option to Clichy, and whether playing him as first choice left back is purely to sell Kolarov.

Sorry but that is so wrong...defensively clichy at least gets close to his man.....kolorov is a fraud defensively..They guy is a huge weak link and always has been

SO wrong? We will see when he is picked ahead of clichy in every single big game this year
Hence the derby, Spurs etc.

Short memories, Kolarov produced probably the best CB display in recent memory on the ball against Bournemouth. You'll mock that and say oh its only Bournemouth, but various papers and pundits gave him a genuine 10/10 for his play and positioning. He will be absolutely essential against teams that put 10 men behind the ball this year. I think he will play against barcelona and his diagonals will give us an outball against digne who will probably play at full back for them.

Dont get what you see in Clichy, he is abysmal on the ball nowadays and he is the weak link, as poor as Kolarov was against spurs. How many teams overload clichy with long balls and take advantage of the fact he is so passive? Every single one we play. Again, its opinions and yours is different to mine, but the manager will pick kolarov over clichy when it matters this year, and he knows more than us both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.