Manchester City vs Everton pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. The MANNER of last weeks defeat should act as a reality check to the unrealistic,giddy fans coming as it did after signs agin Swansea & Celtic.

We've beaten all the teams at the bottom,Spurs are the first PROPER team we've faced and we were second best all over the pitch & on the bench.

If we are the team we hope we are we will have to bounce back BETTER than we were before. This is what GREAT teams with character & talent do.

I'd rather be a giddy fan, than a constant miserable old sod. Some of have an ability to enjoy football, for what it is.
A game. We lost last week, we move on to next week.

I'd rather be a giddy fan, than a constant miserable old sod. Some of have an ability to enjoy football, for what it is.

Great to win trophies but that is not the reason i support gods own team , ive watched some crap for a few decades and i now look forward immensely to every single game , because we have magical world class players pulling on a blue shirt (sometimes horrible orange) every week , i can take a few defeats over a season in the knowledge the defeats will be few and far between. Having said that the football einsteins (lol) and media who believe the opposition have now worked out how to beat us will be in for a surprise .Don't underestimate Guardiola , he will sort it.

Great to win trophies but that is not the reason i support gods own team , ive watched some crap for a few decades and i now look forward immensely to every single game , because we have magical world class players pulling on a blue shirt (sometimes horrible orange) every week , i can take a few defeats over a season in the knowledge the defeats will be few and far between. Having said that the football einsteins (lol) and media who believe the opposition have now worked out how to beat us will be in for a surprise .Don't underestimate Guardiola , he will sort it.

this is the bit I really hope should be different from Pellers.....that Pep sees the problem and does something about it....maybe its just my frustrations from last season when the problems were spot obvious yet our manager stubbornly refused to change the way he wanted to play which exposed all our weaknesses.....Pep has to be better than that!

Touch wood the rest of our players get through this international break, hopefully looking at something like this against Everton:

Bravo
Maffeo
Otamendi
Stones
Clichy/Angelino
Fernandinho
De Bruyne (Gundogan, possibly Garcia if he's injured)
Silva
Nolito
Sterling (Sane if he's injured)
Aguero (Iheanacho if he's injured)

Any of those options will do for me, the Spurs game was the last straw for experienced players to prove themselves in my eyes and they failed. Zaba not up to the pace, Kolarov bottling it in the tough games, Fernando nowhere near the standard required and Navas offers too little output. Give our talented youngsters a chance.

Last edited:
---------------------Bravo------------------------
Maffeo----Stones-----Otamendi----Kolarov
--------------------Garcia------------------------
--------------Dinho----Silva--------------------
Raz---------------------------------------Nolito
------------------Nacho-------------------------

Hopefully something like this next week. Please no Nando, Zaba and Navas.

Good for you giddy & less of the old !!

I want us to be like the ALL BLACKS of football. Weve missed the chance in the last few seasons to dominate & win more trophies whilst playing great football,but without the killer instinct.

We didn't compete at Spurs,were second best almost all over the pitch & I hope it's going to be Peps first big learning experience.

If it has been we'll progress,if it's not you can be sure that all our opponents will have learnt how to set up agin us.

The real world beckons.

---------------------Bravo------------------------
Maffeo----Stones-----Otamendi----Kolarov
--------------------Garcia------------------------
--------------Dinho----Silva--------------------
Raz---------------------------------------Nolito
------------------Nacho-------------------------

Hopefully something like this next week. Please no Nando, Zaba and Navas.

yet you put kolorov in when he has directly cost us two goals two games cause he cant kick a ball with his right foot??????....yeah ok!

that team would get hammered

yet you put kolorov in when he has directly cost us two goals two games cause he cant kick a ball with his right foot??????....yeah ok!

that team would get hammered
2 bad performances won't change the fact that he was actually really decent in the games prior to them. The only other option is Clichy so I think it's a toss up between them. Don't think we'd start the Spanish fullbacks together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.