Manchester City vs Everton pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is to allow countries to qualify for the world cup, quite an important event.

Nervous for this one, huge few weeks ahead. Would like to see sane play a part, offers more of a physical presence if sterling and nolito are fading out of games

like I said, pointless.. and now its cost us sagna and aguero. with the potential of more to come.

We cannot have Kolarov against Bolasie, we simply can't!

Bolasie is a total fraud haha. Guy falls over himself every 12 seconds, but has blistering pace and power to get himself out of trouble
Kolarov will be fine, still miles ahead of Clichy.
Gundogan, Fernandinho, Silva CM please

2 bad performances won't change the fact that he was actually really decent in the games prior to them. The only other option is Clichy so I think it's a toss up between them. Don't think we'd start the Spanish fullbacks together.

his better games were against average opposition who posed very little attacking threat because they didnt attack with any consistency and had little intent on doing so.

As soon as he came up against players/teams who wanted to attack he was exposed for what he is....a very average defender..he always has been. He is a wanna be hard man who just isn't.

Bolasie is a total fraud haha. Guy falls over himself every 12 seconds, but has blistering pace and power to get himself out of trouble
Kolarov will be fine, still miles ahead of Clichy.
Gundogan, Fernandinho, Silva CM please

Sorry but that is so wrong...defensively clichy at least gets close to his man.....kolorov is a fraud defensively..They guy is a huge weak link and always has been

I'd rather be a giddy fan, than a constant miserable old sod. Some of have an ability to enjoy football, for what it is.
A game. We lost last week, we move on to next week.
Spot on. We all get to the same destination, some just enjoy the ride more.

Spot on. We all get to the same destination, some just enjoy the ride more.

Some people like to challenge and debate along the way as its part of the ride....the bit that is called opinions and challenge...some are sheep and just follow, some challenge and look to improve...Im thinking that Pep is of the latter group as well and he will already be looking at what can be done better and different as you don't get to the point he has without challenging yourself and looking for improvement....even when we win there are things that can be improved...the defensive frailties were there to be seen in the games when we were dominating teams and it wasn't going to be long before someone exploited that...Pep knew that and even said it...he said we would get beat at some point. I think he probably learnt more from that defeat then he did in any of the previous 9-10 games....and without KDB and Kun he is going to learn more as well...others need to step up....are they capable.....some are some not in my opinion and Im sure Pep sees it that way to...he will never single a player out publicly I don't think (Jose style) but he will know what a threat Everton possess....they are very capable pf pressing like spurs did...probably don't have the same quality all over the pitch as spurs but they will indeed cause us trouble....especially if Kolorov and fernando play

I hope we absolutely thrash everton and that others on here are right and that we will......

I think it will be a close game especially without KDB, Sagna, Kun (possibly) and Kompany

The huge injury however would be to fernandihnio...lose him at some point and a whole rethink will need to happen

Tl;dr

What I will say is saying "we should win this" and being confident is far more enjoyable than fearing the worst at every turn.

I'd imagine Pep strives to improve every game, and seeing how he's in a position to effect things then I'm pleased.

I won't be changing my attitude that we should be winning games such as this one though.

Tl;dr

What I will say is saying "we should win this" and being confident is far more enjoyable than fearing the worst at every turn.

I'd imagine Pep strives to improve every game, and seeing how he's in a position to effect things then I'm pleased.

I won't be changing my attitude that we should be winning games such as this one though.

I agree with this bit

I enjoy debating and looking how to improve so we will have to differ on the rest.....I do find these go to remarks (the ones about flapping, panicking etc) from people on here that is directed at anyone who dare suggest that we could do better very amusing . I actually don't take football seriously at all....havent done for about a decade- fifteen years now since I left Manchester and discovered there was more to the world. But i cant shake (and don't want to) the love I have for the club and the absolute fascination I have with he game and how is played....(everything else in football I can take or leave especially everything that has come along with Sky) - there are more important fun things to do and to take time on.

Bravo

Zaba
Ota
Stones
Clichy

Fernando
Silva
Gudongan

Sane
Kelechi
Nolito

Think we may diniho to fill in at right back against barca and give kun s few extra days to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.