Manchester City vs. Inter Milan (Dublin Super Cup) 16:15 Su.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Mancio said:
Damocles said:
Alright pal, any predictions?

city 4-0 inter mate

7_lol.jpg
ha ha

Mancio said:
inter load of childs and playng the fuckyng 3-4-3. City will have a walk in the park

Don't you think they might be playing 4-3-3 with Biachetti in defense?

jjeangi said:
In how many minutes does this kick off? I keep finding different times.
My television says 11:30, but maybe it's on delay here in the States?

Celtic beat the Irish 11 5-0 so to win this tournament I think we need a win or high scoring draw?<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm --<br /><br />Celtic 8pts
City 6pts
Inter 5pts
Irish 11 0pts

LoveCity said:
Celtic beat the Irish 11 5-0 so to win this tournament I think we need a win or high scoring draw?

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm --

Celtic 8pts
City 6pts
Inter 5pts
Irish 11 0pts
I've just checked, and I actually think 2-2 would do it for us.

Copied from Forza Inter

711av.jpg

INTER, FLASHES FROM A DERBY

Celtic liquidated. K.O. for Nagatomo. Zanetti returns against Milan
Goals by Castaignos and Pazzini but the Japanese is injured.
No Beijing so recalling the captain for the Super cup in August 6.

Dublin Another step forward. Another injury - after Viviano's and the fear of Castellazzi - and therefore another South American, after Julio Cesar, is being recalled to play in the derby for the Italian Super Cup. Out Nagatomo: no Beijing for one that has suffered a dislocated shoulder (tests taken in hospital, decision on operation will be decided on Monday). And in Zanetti: it could have been Maicon but the Brazilian has another game immediately after Beijing (August 10 against Germany in Stuttgart). Maicon is in Brazil but Zanetti - who is more willingly to come back from vacation - is in Greece and it is easier for him to reach the team. He will fly to China by himself but the will will arrive at the same time from Dublin, via Paris.

The regrets of Gasp The collapse of Nagatomo's shoulder was unexpected as well as the red card for Thiago Motta. Those two events disrupted a few plans of the coach: who wanted to be different and perhaps he could use Alvarez a little bit in the second half or to see Eto'o on the left with Pazzini in the center ( as a striker and not as a midfielder like the Cameroonian in a 3-4-2 which then became 4-4-1). And the last regret was seeing a Sneijder who was a little bit squeezed in the midfield.

The fighting But there was one other thing: a good Inter that was tough and got easy goals which has comforted Gasperini with other positive notes. First: if the match against Galatasaray was a real match, the the one yesterday was a very real match as well because of the fired of Celtic's Scottish. The over the top furor of captain Brown was a good picture as the Biancoverdi (white and green) were always pressing, running and also beating like hell but Inter held their head high from the point of view of character and even in ten. It was definitely a good rest on course to Beijing, hoping that that Milan with less tough games will play with less football.

What goes and what not Inter won this game especially in the attack: the beautiful first goal (combination between Deki and Pandev who found Castaignos and he placed it in the right corner) was the summary of fluidity that almost brought the team two more goals between Pazzini doubled the score. It is just a shame that Inter granted too many chances at the back and even more in ten. Castellazzi was obviously the man of the match for Inter with at least 3 miraculous saves. With that, it just means that defensively, Inter are still not even close to where Gasp wants the team to be. Many chances were granted despite the fact that Nagatomo (and then Faraoni) and Santon were playing quite low. Giving these chances to Pato, Ibrahimovic and company would not be a good idea.

=====

Castellazzi: 8
We would never say "Julio Cesar could stay on vacation," but that knock in the head in Bochem was a memory. At least five saves, a double one on Samaras as well as one on Mulgrew (free-kick) were just fantastic.

Ranocchia: 6
One real mistake, which gave Celtic two chances to score and then resumed his force and talent.

Caldirola: N/A

Samuel: 7
Tried to sew the defensive line when it was swayed a little. Once in ten, everything became a struggle but he rose to the occasion.

Chivu: 6
Lost track of Samaras, then there was another indecision. However, no more mistakes as he added to the brick wall. His pass found Pazzini for the 2-0.

Santon: 6
Very particularly aligned and cover from the start to 10. More defensive than bucking forward.

Stankovic: 6
Between the runs, elbows: many adjustments but not always with clarity to develop his ideas error free.

Mariga: 5.5
Provided quantity without flashes and risks then there was when Sneijder showed him the goal.

Thiago Motta: 5
It was his first game since May: rusty and lack of pace. That second yellow was over the top but it was stupidity.

Nagatomo: N/A
Surrendered almost immediately at the shoulder.

Faraoni: 6.5
One uncertainty on Brown but he is anything but shy. The legs were there as well as character. Almost got the 3-0.

Pandev: 6.5
He played for others more than for himself with high rates of success. He was the architect of the first goal then almost two more assists for Pazzini and Castaignos.

Eto'o: 6
Limited due to numerical inferiority. He helped out the midfield and at the end, he was like a left-back: generous.

Pazzini: 7
A man of the match award would be an exaggeration. But when you found him lurking there was always a strong smell of goal.

Castaignos: 7
Scored a beautiful goal but wasted another. He covered his wing in entirety even on the defensive end.

Sneijder: 6
He also paid a price of having one less man. Did a little bit of running.

Gasperini: 6.5
He certainly did not dream to use the 3-4-2 (then became 4-4-1) for a half but he saw more lights than shadows.

=====

FORMER INTERISTA MANCIO: "WINNING WITH CITY IS MORE DIFFICULT."

The coach that brought Inter back on top: "The duel with Milan will fought even more. The Premier League is the best, I will go back to Italy when our football is healed. Balotelli? Pure talent."

Dublin Sooner or later it has to happen: tomorrow it will be the first time that Balotelli and Mancini will play against Inter. Balotelli, yesterday at lunch, had a long chat with his old teammates especially with the youngsters. Mancini has never lost his personal contact with the organization which under his guidance on the bench, Inter came back to win after so many years with an empty belly.

Fond memories "I like to play Inter, even if it is a summer tournament. In the Champions League, it certainly would have been different. I spent many happy years at Inter and it was beautiful. I keep to myself great memory of that experience. With president Moratti, I have maintained a good relationship. I worked with him four years and I think that is a record for Inter. The conquest in the Champions League is a little bit on my part? It was inevitable that Inter return to those levels because it is a big club. I started to win, a little at a time, until the success in the Champions League. Zanetti is still their protagonist? I'm not surprised. He is an extraterrestrial."

711aw.jpg

His Sneijder Inter could lose Sneijder. Manchester United and Chelsea like him even City have thought about him a little. Gasperini has pushed back the Dutch from a trequartista to central midfielder: "Sneijder is a great player and I think that at the end he will stay in Milan. In my opinion, the most suitable position for him on the field is as an attacking midfielder but with his class and experience, he can play everywhere."

The Super Cup On August 6, there is the game with Milan in Beijing. "Milan are back at a high level. They have brought players with the likes of Ibrahimovic, Robinho and Cassano. Inter of last season, lost ground in the beginning but this will the battle will be fought. Ibrahimovic at City? Last summer we thought about it but we had to think about building from the frame forward. Winning with City is like at Inter? No, it is not the same. The Premier League is very difficult. It is not easy to take City to the top but we will try."

One day... Mancini said that he had no contact with Juve: "Never. But it would have been a pleasurable thought. Italy? Italy is my country and I miss it but England is the top in football today. I will be back in Italy when our football is healed. A lot of work is needed to bring it back to high levels."

Balotelli Now it's the chapter of Balotelli. His twirl against Los Angeles a week ago really infuriated Mancini. "From Mario, we can expect everything but for me, he is a player with pure talent." The game against Inter will be the last test before the English Super Cup for City which is on Sunday against Manchester United. Surprisingly, we might see Aguero on the field who certainly will be on the bench in the game in London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.