Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am worried. Since the takeover in 2008 the subsequent acquisition of much better players we have played and won some fantastic football matches with or without pressure. The thing is whenever we have a key absence: Yaya, Kompany, (or Fernandinho against Chelsea) it has greatly affected us despite the other talent in the team. We have done well without Aguero recently but until we consistently show great form against key opposition without key players- i.e. Anfield today without Kompany - I will remain worried!

PS - I will happily post back on here today if my worries were unfounded

Mancity1980 said:
I am worried. Since the takeover in 2008 the subsequent acquisition of much better players we have played and won some fantastic football matches with or without pressure. The thing is whenever we have a key absence: Yaya, Kompany, (or Fernandinho against Chelsea) it has greatly affected us despite the other talent in the team. We have done well without Aguero recently but until we consistently show great form against key opposition without key players- i.e. Anfield today without Kompany - I will remain worried!

kompany is playing

taking the daughter to see the muppets this morning (to take my mind off things/compensate for subsequent lack of attention later on!) - hope those are the only muppets I will watch today!<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:34 am --<br /><br />
marco said:
Mancity1980 said:

kompany is playing
is that confirmed?

Having decided against a 'restricted view' ticket and settled on watching the match on TV the dilemma now is where to watch. Don't fancy watching at home as wifey keeps saying "why did he do that" every time a City player makes a mistake. Hard to find a friendly pub round here to watch, we're home to quite a few Scousers who've got out before being caught. Or, do I go round and watch it at my rag supporting brother in law's house. To be fair, he has vowed to don a full banana suit and a stripey tea towel and sing "come on you Blues" for the entire 90 minutes. It's a melon scratcher!

Feeling positive today blues... I know we don't have a chance according to the media and should actually surrender now, but I really think we will do well today...

The media hype and the pressure on the Dipper players is already very high... They will be sprinting everywhere in the first 15-20 mins after which they will have burnt down more than they would expect...

As much as Brenda is saying they have no pressure and are enjoying the moment using the 96 in the sky as a motivational tool, the media have nicely and maybe unknowingly placed a world of pressure and expectation on Liverpool... Dippers will not be able to handle the heat and will play like they did v West Ham....

Bring em on and CTID!

Rarely, if ever, has a potential title decider between 2 english clubs had such a biased media build up. We are darkness they are light.

I used to really like Liverpool but the years of being in United's shadow has had an effect on them it failed to have on us.

I will savour a win as much as any derby match...

...well nearly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.