Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Til Death said:
I firmly believe that Dzeko will start the game on Sunday with Sergio coming on at some point in the second half, maybe last 25-20 mins or so.
Dzeko has played well recently and as he is totally match fit, he should start the game, it makes sense and I think Pell will go that way.

That said I fully expect Sergio to come on and have a major impact on the game.

I'd start with Aguero personally, but I will not be surprised if Edin starts as you suggest. Just so long as he gets the ball in the net in under a minute as per the swamp, that will be fine with me :-)

Chippy_boy said:
Blue Til Death said:
I firmly believe that Dzeko will start the game on Sunday with Sergio coming on at some point in the second half, maybe last 25-20 mins or so.
Dzeko has played well recently and as he is totally match fit, he should start the game, it makes sense and I think Pell will go that way.

I'd start with Aguero personally, but I will not be surprised if Edin starts as you suggest. Just so long as he gets the ball in the net in under a minute as per the swamp, that will be fine with me :-)

Me too mate ;-)

I sit facing a Liverpool fan and he won't fucking shut up about this game. I just told him they will be third on Wednesday night, he didn't even think it was possible until he checked on the net.

I truly expect us to be motivated for this one. I expect a good performance form our boys. But Liverpool has a good team as well. This will be a cracking game. But I think we got it.

Defensively we've improved leaps and bounds from earlier this season and I am not worried.

SteWadda said:
I sit facing a Liverpool fan and he won't fucking shut up about this game. I just told him they will be third on Wednesday night, he didn't even think it was possible until he checked on the net.

Liverpool fans are like Jehova Witnesses. They won't leave you alone, they have to keep talking to you about their cult that is Liverpool FC,

Blue Til Death said:
Chippy_boy said:
Blue Til Death said:

Me too mate ;-)

I think we've been extra cautious with Kun just to prepare him to start against Liverpool. Maybe he'll be taken off at the 60-70 min mark, hopefully when we have a nice lead :)

I can't wait for this game
It's been like waiting for the april 2012 derby
They will come raring out of the blocks,if we can weather the first few minutes and give them something to think about as well we can do it
It's those long balls over the top from gerrard to the vampire that worry me,hopefully we will defend a bit deeper for this game

karen7 said:
They will come raring out of the blocks,if we can weather the first few minutes and give them something to think about as well we can do it
It's those long balls over the top from gerrard to the vampire that worry me,hopefully we will defend a bit deeper for this game

We have an offside trap for Gerrards long balls.

gungho-tactics said:
karen7 said:

We have an offside trap for Gerrards long balls.

True, but doesn't always work

How's everyone's week bearing up?

So the week is slowly moving towards Liverpool's 'biggest' Lge game for 24 years!! To be honest it must feel like them as it did for us waiting for that Monday night derby 2 years ago, we stood tall that evening and did the business I just wonder if Liverpool will stand as tall. We had the added pressure it was against our main rivals, Sunday is different for us this time I believe the pressure is on them, the pressure their fans and the media are placing on them is huge, we were out of the race 2 years ago but the same this time we are going about our business, as for us as fans the pressure is also different if we don't win the Lge the team playing the best football and scoring goals for fun will and will also had to the misery of those rags so will be some comfort. May the best team 'City' win and hopefully that gap between us and now Liverpool grow even wider from the rags. Roll on Sunday for the biggest game of the season Liverpool v Man Utd 'oh sorry' that's what Fergie thought lol move on over the biggest game now involves Manchester City Football Club.
Enjoy the game fellow blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.